Multi-site Patient Portal

hi @juggernautsei, looks like it works on the demo after enabling registration widget in globals:

https://eight.openemr.io/c/openemr/portal/account/register.php?site=default

@stephenwaite if I do
https://ehr.myshinynewsite.com/portal/account/register.php?site=default works fine.
When I do
https://ehr.myshinynewsite.com/portal/account/register.php?site=serenity the URL jumps to
https://ehr.myshinynewsite.com/portal/account/index.php?site=serenity
and displays NOT FOUND.

Security doesn’t allow calling register.php directly. You need to go to register from portal login dialog.
I don’t recall testing multi site since early 502 so, I may test.

1 Like

@brady.miller, could we have an up for grabs demo setup so we can test multisite there or is that just weird :slight_smile: ?

Ok that means that whatever I am doing to install the multi site is not producing the correct results.
#$@%^&^$#

WARNING, IF MULTI SITE IS NOT CREATED WITH MYSQL ROOT ACCOUNT. IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.

Register works fine! Just tested two different multisites and works so, be careful diddling around in source.

That’s not true and again this goes back to your setup. Portal is running on several multisites I know of both docker and stand alones. The one docker AWS I did was from the setup but, that was two years ago.
Did you install OpenEMR under root?

No, As I have shared before. I follow these instructions when installing the LAMP stack.

In the Mysql section, you will find this:

" Notice that you didn’t need to provide a password to connect as the  **root**  user, even though you have defined one when running the  `mysql_secure_installation`  script."

When I am on the server, I just type sudo MySQL and it logs me in. But you cannot use the root account to log in. I use to go back and undo this security precaution. But then I thought why not leave it. Because at least no one can break into your server by brute-forcing the root password. I can take that worry off the list of security issues.

So, to install the program I have to create the database and user first. So, I manually create the database and create a user that I give all privileges on the database.

So, for anyone that finds this thread today. This stands as a warning.
Please install from scratch v6 multi-site and tell me that it works. A two-year-old site is not v6.

I always pull up the installation instructions for OpenEMR and follow them to the letter.

That way I don’t miss a step or do something I should not have. I don’t add or take away from the installation process. In the installation process, there is a choice to have the system create the database or the user create the database. I take the second option and create the database and things don’t work correctly or as expected.

I have not changed any code.

I just installed a new site to my multi-site location.
I created a user to replace root and gave it all privileges equal to root.

That allowed the application to create the database and all the other stuff.

Congratulations! OpenEMR is now installed.

• Access controls (php-GACL) are installed for fine-grained security, and can be administered in OpenEMR’s admin->acl menu.
  • Reviewing /var/www/html/boss/library/classes/../../sites/pangea/config.php is a good idea. This file contains some settings that you may want to change.
  • There’s much information and many extra tools bundled within the OpenEMR installation directory. Please refer to openemr/Documentation. Many forms and other useful scripts can be found at openemr/contrib.
  • To ensure a consistent look and feel throughout the application, Firefox and Chrome are recommended. The OpenEMR development team exclusively tests with modern versions of these browsers.

The above is the last page before going the site is suppose to go to the login page. Well, it comes up blank.

No need to get snippy. I was just stating last time I did an AWS. I install on my dev multisites all the time but we are not apple and oranges as I use windows for dev.

There’s not much that can go wrong on multisite installs as long as you have an elevated mysql account and folder permissions/user/group setup correct.

Following the install instructions is fine but all environments aren’t the same and it is the obvious that tends to get me.

I’m getting ready to upgrade my clinic for your Weno testing and will create a multisite on it as a test. Maybe tomorrow a.m…

Apologies.
for being snippy, this is very challenging.

No prob. we’re tired. We can have a call tomorrow if you want…

1 Like

nice, been waiting a year to use this gif again :smile: :

tenor (22)

@stephenwaite , multisite support on demo farm would be creepy :slight_smile: , but i’ll look into that (have commands to do this in the docker dev openemr-cmd stuff, so prob just a matter of finding them and copying them into the right place in the demo farm script)

1 Like

Hello @brady.miller @sjpadgett @stephenwaite
I am trying to figure out why the patient portal registration does not function correctly on our installation.
I have started dumping the index in the patient portal and it operates as expected. So, when I go to

https://ehr.myshinynewsite.com/portal/account/index.php?site=serenity

I get there but when I look at the registration button. The site variable is not carried through

It would seem that the registration button would be

./account/register.php?site=serenity.

But it is not so I tracked on and see that the site id is passed in the session variable. I dumped that and it does make it into the register.php.

Tracking further, I followed the process through to create an account. In the end, this error message is displayed to the user.

So, I check the console and jackpot!!!
I am now on the hunt for /public/assets/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js:2:30307) undefined. (Not Red October)

Sherwin, JS errors can deceive us where after the first error, following errors tend to be a propagation of the first. By seeing the ‘exclude is not defined’ tells me you are not working with my latest portal fixes dealing with security etc.

I merged a couple PRs recently with one(working with mi2) dealing with this issue. Don’t think i’ve brought back to patch one yet but, check it out…

Maybe you can snippy snip to your custom stuff!:slight_smile: Too early still?..

This went over my head, you are too sophisticated for me. Apologies, I’m a donci head.

Will the PRs make it into patch 1?

yep. as soon as I can test.

@juggernautsei
I just ported all the recent portal updates/fixes to the release v6.0.0 branch for patch 1 if you want to pull them down.

You may want to note the profile demographic has been trimmed to mainly just important items and several fixes to register. Fixed Secure Messaging to again work as designed.

Also, the portal controller Controller, has been refactored to PortalController to prevent namespace conflicts with our Smarty Controller. Hopefully this puts that to bed.

Signature has been fixed everywhere and a new {CurrentDate:‘YYYY-MM-DD’, ‘MM/DD/YYYY’, ‘DD/MM/YYYY’}(one date format after colon) and {CurrentTime} tag added to both document template engines.
Happy portaling!

1 Like