Moving Layout based forms into "Clinical" category

dmc53 wrote on Saturday, January 25, 2014:

Hi,

I just created a new LBF called “Session Notes” by going to Admin->Lists->Layout-Based Visit Forms and added “Session_Note” to the list. The system automatically changed the ID value to “LBFSession_Note.” The new form does indeed show up in Admin->Layouts and on the encounter form under “Layout Based.” However, this is a clinical form and I would like it to show up under the “Clinical” tab on the encounter. I went to Admin->Other->Forms and tried to register, enable, an then change the category…but my Session Note form does not show up anywhere in the Forms Administration section. This is certainly not a do-or-die situation, but I would like to organize the forms in the appropriate sections. Does any know how to advise me how to make a LBF show up in the Clinical forms section?

Thanks!

-Dan

fsgl wrote on Sunday, January 26, 2014:

LBV Forms are specialized, hence they get their own tab. I don’t use any of the forms in the Clinical tab, therefore the forms were disabled causing the Clinical tab to disappear. No reason to have a tab for unused forms.

A brief explanation about the forms.

Have a look in interface/forms to see what is possible.

Having everything in one tab is icing on the cake, however incorrect coding may mean the cake spoiling and crumbling into a million pieces.

blankev wrote on Sunday, January 26, 2014:

Now it is time to change the translation in your local translation table.

Change the word Layout Based into Clinical (For this GOTO Administration => Language).

Filter for constants: “Layout Based” change into => “Clinical”

Rename “Clinical” into “Other Forms”… Vitals forms and Pain form are forms you don’t want to delete and these might be very helpful for the clinicians/physicians.

The worst that can happen is that in the future, if you activate one of the “Classic”-Forms it will show as a Second tab with “Clinical” if you use the word Clinical.

Could also name it something like “My Clinical” or something more appropriate. Just take a peak at the OpenEMR Demo 4.1.1 (Today 26-Jan-2014)

Although not completely happy, I did manage to include the Date as Text-date.

Something other to explore might be Nation Notes for Complaint, History, Family History and Allergies.

For this fsgl might want to give some good advises.

There might be a good reason to make the textarea field, a field at the left side of the Layout based Form screen. The edit delete part show a rather confusing result after saving the Gyn History Form (also to be seen in the Demo 4.1.1. of today.)

blankev wrote on Sunday, January 26, 2014:

After folowing the advises of fsgl I managed to make changes so the results of the input files show in the Edit Delete screen as should be with a space in between the results.

mdsupport wrote on Sunday, January 26, 2014:

We had similar situation. User really does not care how a form is built. We ended up changing programs so encounter summary and left menu display forms in a unified order.

tmccormi wrote on Monday, January 27, 2014:

I have a hack that combines lbf into clinical menu tab. not good for release but it works and respects priority order.
Tony

kavsher wrote on Saturday, February 28, 2015:

Hi how do you do this in 4.2.0 ?

Thanks

If you could share the details on how you achieved that, it’d very helpful for me since i’m having the same problem with my layout based forms.

Regards,