Modify OpenEMR Cloud - Express Edition

Is it possible to modify the .php files in OpenEMR Cloud - Express Edition?
Specifically I want to modify… openemr/interface/patient_file/letter.php … because I need to add new fields to the Popup letter and the only way I can see is to modify that file.

hi @Phil, sure just connect to the docker, see these instructions

Thanks Stephen. I’d better start getting to know docker! I’ve got reasonable experience within OpenEMR but not a lot in cloud deployment.

A couple of other questions you may know the answer to…

I’ve launched Express edition and the address bar warns me the site is not secure. Is there an option to make it secure? I really don’t want to just limit the IP address that can access the site because we will want to be mobile and use various wifi sources.

and…

Is there an easy way to access the mySQL database in ExpressEdition on AWS through phpMYAdmin?

Thanks for your help

Phil

Let’s encrypt instructions should work for ssl

you’d have to launch a phpmyadmin docker alongside and open up some ports too

@stephenwaite
What two arguments does docker require to access the volume? I have been to the instruction page suggested. Are there more detailed instructions anywhere?

:~$ sudo docker volume ls
 DRIVER              VOLUME NAME
 local               3e49ee5f802f265436595088623d5b67859a6714fda7254a9d5b16a6f103ab5c
 local               ac9eb2c4fd6f8c672f4b5876795e9563c33f9ba3879d5b44c53696b79012b419
 local               standard_logvolume01
 local               standard_sitevolume

:~$ sudo docker exec -it $(docker ps | grep _openemr | cut -f 1 -d " ")
 Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at 
 unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http://%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fdocker.sock/v1.29/containers/json: dial 
 unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied
 "docker exec" requires at least 2 argument(s).

the docker container and the command you wish to execute:

sudo docker exec -it $(docker ps | grep _openemr | cut -f 1 -d " ") /bin/bash

Thanks, @stephenwaite.

sudo docker exec -it standard_openemr_1 sh

The above is what I got from @asher and @brady.miller on the conference call. After running

sudo docker ps -a
1 Like