Messaging center logical error

Hi,

If you delete a message from the inbox or mark as complete, the related note on the patient file will be deleted as well, I think that should not happen.

There should be a way to separate emptying your inbox from removing patient files notes. or at least ask the user when deleting a message from the messages center “would you like to remove the related patient note from patient file as well?”

What you think Brady?

The problem is that a message in your in box is a patient note. It’s not a separate record.

hi @amireltaweel ,
Would it make sense to never delete the notes, and just mark them as complete (ie. inactive). Then you should still be able to see them in the patient notes (if show inactive notes).
-brady

Guys, Thank you for your response

Brady, Even if you do that, still, the note will disappear.

And Tony, I understand the they are patient notes, but I think it would be a good idea to give providers the ability to free or archive inbox without deleting the note from the patient file. I mean, just to clean the Inbox.

My workaround was creating a “Fake” issues section called “Providers Notes” where providers can keep notes away from the message center. not sure how will that affect MIPS tracking though, what do you think?