Mass Document Uploading

Hello all,

I have 6k word files that are a 1 to 1 ratio of one patient and one file.  My clinic is looking at doing OpenEMR but we need to upload all of the word files to all of the patients under their respective profiles.  As a result, I need to do a mass upload of Word files all at once.  What items do I need to update to make this happen?

Thank you.

Hi lonesoac0,

our suggestion is add any of the unique patient information (like patient id) with file name ,while uploading multiple files,we can parse the file name as related to specific patient by looping statements ,then those files can be stored on the respective patient profiles.

Thanks,
ViSolve

If you can go through & name the files, such that they follow a convention like ‘1234-wordfile.doc’, where 1234 is the PID in OpenEMR , then you could use the emr_scan_load.plx file import utility, found under …/openemr/contrib/util, to accomplish this task.
That being said, manually re-naming ~6000 files, is almost as much trouble as just manually inserting the files into the respective patients’ charts.

Hello Visoveemr and Penguin8R,

Sorry for such a late reply.  What you both say sounds promising and I am interested. 

I think I am going to do Penguin’s instructions first since that seems easiest to perform. Lucky enough, the file names already have the patient chart numbers in them. I just have to remove the inconsistencies that are in the files. Penguin, when you say PID, do you mean patientID or primary ID?

Thank you.

UPDATE: Penguin8R, you are the man/woman! This is exactly what I needed. Now I just need to figure out how to do all of this. lol! But that is the fun part!

Hello All,
how do i use this utility:
emr_scan_load.plx