Looking to Share and Learn to Contribute with Development

Hello all! :wave:

New to OpenEMR and new to application development. I do, however, have experience in Web Development. What would be most beneficial for the OpenEMR community for me to learn how to do?

I look forward to sharing, learning and contributing to an amazing project. Many many thanks to the developers and people with this project and the countless hours you all have spent working on this.

It is appreciated! :clap:

Sincerely,

Matthew

Hey @cobbm so you can always try to take a stab at some of our github issues. If you join the weekly conference call on Saturdays we can give you more guidance especially if you have a particular issue you are passionate about. There’s plenty of work to be done on the frontend, especially if you want to cut your teeth on application development, there is plenty of php files that currently combine all of the database, business logic, and presentation into one big ol file that needs to be broken up into layers and services.

1 Like

Hey @adunsulag thank you so much for your response and guidance on how to proceed. I appreciate this greatly. I’ll check out the GitHub issues today and see what I can stab at.

With the conference call, what are the details for this? I may not have much to add at first but would love to join in.

I really appreciate you taking your time to respond. Thank you again.

You can find the details on the call here: https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Weekly_Conference_Call_Details

Its an open call so we talk about whatever issues whoever on the call wants to discuss.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much for this.