Login logo change in v7

Having a problem getting our logo onto the login page (again) it seems every new version there is a “different” (translated; increasingly complex) way to do this.
The browser inspector shows the location as;
“”" …/openemr/public/images/logos/core/login/primary/logo.png?t=1682485780 “”"
Renaming the original file in that location to logo.bak and uploading our logo.png to that location doesn’t work, and yes the pixels and file size approximate the original file very closely. Also, restarting apache, clearing the browser cache and reloading the page have no effect.

One thread talks about v6 and I was able to get it working in that version by converting our logo to .svg format, resizing it and renaming it before uploading it into the …/openemr/public/images folder but, that no longer works. Other discussions talk about breaking the ONC certification if you make changes to the “core” code but I have no idea how to even begin to approach that task. Anyone had success with changing the login logo in v7.0.1? If so, how did you do it?

Hi, I was able to do this, here is what I did.

First, I recommend you to adjust your logo to 390 in height, using transparency background. Original logo size is 1053x390.

In my case, I tried to scale my logo to fit that size, but then I switch to a version that has 390 in height but less width, in my case that looks better.

I uploaded that file to my server using filezilla. Then I moved it with this command.

sudo mv logo.png /var/www/html/public/images/logos/core/login/primary/logo.png

Finally, restart Apache.

sudo systemctl restart apache2

Hope works for you as well.

See this README (this mechanism was added to support custom logos that will work for multisite use and will be persistent on version upgrades).

https://github.com/openemr/openemr/blob/master/sites/default/images/logos/core/menu/primary/README

1 Like

SOLVED
Thank you Marco and Brady, each of you provided a much needed piece of the puzzle.
My logo was set to 1053x390 as Marco suggested but still wouldn’t fly, then Brady chimed in and said in his README that it must be the ONLY file in that location. That did it for me.

1 Like