Locked of uploaded documentts after upgrade

After upgrade I cannot access some stored pdf document. It says I do not have permission to view documents. I know that it is an issue with permissions but I don’t know how to remedy it.

hi @mincey85 , for linux you could try something like sudo chown -R www-data /var/www/html/openemr/sites/default/documents

Hi there. I tried this command before and it worked prior to the upgrade to get permission to the file; but it does not seem to work now.
When I run it I get “The requested document is not present at the expected location on the filesystem or there are not sufficient permissions to access it. /var/www/html/openemr/sites/default/documents/1103/Dela_Cla_Transreceipt111721.pdf” I then copies the file as it was not present in the directory and tried running the command again and got a “cannot access error…1103” no file or directory. So I ran chwon root 1103 and got no error but still could not access the file. Now I don’t know what to do. the permission say that is the owner. Please advise we are so backed up with documents and need this running.

not sure, you should re-rerun the upgrade and follow the steps in order

Ok So I cannot use the back up from 6.1 I have to use the back up from 6.0? If so then all changes will be lost since the upgrade last week? This is mostly financial data. I just don’t wanna screw it up and make more work.

I wouldn’t risk losing data then. Would try to come up with a solution for the documents.

Looking at the filesystem now, what directory is OpenEMR in?