Lab integeration is available in OpenEMR

Hi All,

Is there lab integeration available in openemr ?

Can you clarify what exactly you’re looking for?
It shouldn’t be too terribly difficult to import LOINC codeset.

hi @Rachel_Ellison, Nilesh was asking about integrating labs for electronic orders and results.

Thanks @stephenwaite and @Rachel_Ellison

Lab integration support is available out of the box. We had to go through a verification stage with one of our lab providers which resulted in a need to slightly chnage the HL7 syntax that was being sent.

This may be a bit outdated, but is a good overview

1 Like

Lab integration is indeed available. The link @Dennison_Williams provided provides a good basis. However , do note that you may need to modify/improve incoming messages to have them fit well with OpenEMR. This is no fault of OpenEMR, rather of the tremendous liberties allowed in HL7 and the creativity of lab providers :slight_smile:
For a customer I worked with, I recommended to introduce Mirth (NextGen) to perform such processing.
Additionally, I also discovered that it is often a good idea to improve the receive_hl7_results.inc.php file, for instance to cope with image formats embedded in HL7 (add to “function rhl7MimeType($fileext)”), to differentiate results naming for ORU messages (modify the “addForm($encounter_id, “Procedure Order”, $in_orderid, “procedure_order”, $patient_id);” line), …

1 Like