Issues with the iPad in 501 and 502


(Daniel) #1

Hi everyone. After upgrading from 500 to 501 I am finding tons of issues with how the iPad responds using OpenEMR. Has anyone else run into issues? Some of the issues (but not the only ones) include esign issues, issues scrolling on menus using WMT’s scrolling menu (the scroll bar doesn’t exist), and I’m sure there are others.

Has anyone else run into issues? What have you done to resolve them?


#2

What version of iOS?

See here


(Zbig01) #3

Hi Daniel

I had tested openEMR on what is now version 5.0.2 when I made the changes to the horizontal menu and created the option for a vertical menu for tablets and Smartphones.

Those changes worked well in iOS 10 and above and Android 8.0 and above Fire OS 5.3.6.4. At that time I could not get it to work on iOS 9 and below.

I was not sure how users were using older versions of openEMR in earlier versions of tablets.

May I suggest trying openEMR version 5.0.2 on newer versions of iOS and Android.

You could check this feature out by

This is done in Administration > Globals > Appearance > Responsive Vertical Menu Style for Tabs

Can be individualized per user User name > Settings > Appearance > Responsive Vertical
Menu Style for Tabs

If you are intersted you could check out these two PRs that dealt with this issue

Responsive Vertical Menu For Tab Based Layout Take 1 #2427
Responsive Vertical Menu For Tab Based Layout Take 2 #2431

Cheers

zbig01


(Daniel) #4

It looks like this issue only happens with iOS12.