I am an IT professional working for a company that sells physical products as well as lab testing services. One particular lab testing service comes in a form of physical product where buyer purchases it, collects sample, registers the test online using the printed unique specimen ID / PIN combo (these numbers should already be in the database) then mails it to the lab. During registration he/she picks extra services like additional panel analysis and pay for them. Lab (or MRO) electronically sends back the results to our servers (Specimen ID being the unique identifier) then we let customer know (since email is already registered in the system for that Specimen ID) where he/she can view the results securely. I have built custom solutions specific to this purpose but I am looking for something that was built for this particular industry, and more widely accepted by labs/integrators. OpenEMR seem to do these and a lot more. To be honest, it’s little overwhelming and it can be an overkill but I’d like to give this a try. I appreciate if someone can tell me whether OpenEMR is the right solution for this particular task. In summary, can OpenEMR:
- Allow generation of Specimen ID / PIN combo for test products/services
- Allow registration of these tests by the user/patient
- Allow charge/purchase lab test options/panels by the user/patient
- Allow sending lab orders electronically (Assuming lab supports it) after the purchase is successful
- Accept electronic lab results back (in XML, PDF or other format)
- Notify customer/patient that the results are ready online, and let them login through a portal?
I understand if some of these are not readily available out of the box, as long as customization/development is available.
Thank you in advance.