When I try to restore the database it fails:

I saved it thus:
C:>C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqldump -u root -p openemr > OEMRdump\dumpfile.sql
Enter password:

But fails to restore:
C:>C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -u root -p openemr < OEMRdump\dumpfile.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database ‘openemr’

I am in serious trouble because I now have no EMR!

I also tried logging in to the system regardless of having restored my data:
Warning : mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user ‘openemr’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\ADODB_mysqli_log.php on line 191

Fatal error : Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_query(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, bool given in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php:788 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php(788): mysqli_query(false, 'SET NAMES ‘utf8…’, 0) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\adodb.inc.php(1263): ADODB_mysqli->_query('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’, false) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\adodb.inc.php(1241): ADOConnection->_Execute('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’, false) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\ADODB_mysqli_log.php(60): ADOConnection->Execute('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’, false) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\sql.inc(58): ADODB_mysqli_log->ExecuteNoLog('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’) #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\interface\globals.php(268): require_once(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’) #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\interface\login\login.php(28): require_once(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’) #7 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 788

In desparation I restored my whole filesystem to before I tried the upgrade. When I try logging in I get:
“Site ID is missing from session data!”

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP - MY PRACTICE IS IN TROUBLE NOW!

So I also tried starting completely over, fresh installation.
came to:
Open up web-browser and point it to the installation script at http://localhost/openemr .
But all I got:
This page isn’t working

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

=============================================
After a number of hours, we were unable to get xampp 8 and openemr 6.0.0 to work
We did revive my original 5.0.0 by deleting all the cookies.

I sent you a PM. I can assist you.

Have you tried clearing the browser cache or a different browser? this appears the most common resolution I can see. Let us know.

Thanks. I hate to be so ignorant, but I do not notice any PM, how do I find it?

Yes, tried different browsers.

@Harold_Kornylak did you copy over your site directory from old openemr dir you’re trying to restore?
Check your database encoding from the imported db and new database.

To get private messages, left-click on the top right ID icon, and it expands a menu. Then left click the envelope.

Then it will show your private messages.

FYI, on Firefox i just deleted 4 cookies from “localhost” and that
fixed the site error.