Identifying provider and backing up

1-I think it has to do with setting up the provider. I never really understood how to place a provider.
On the provider tab, even though it says, “new” when I tried to place a new one, the window does not let me to do it.
2- I still am not able to do the regular backup using the back up tab, in the administration column. That is, whenever I try it, by clicking Create Backup, after finishing dumping, in the middle of the screen, a notice comes up saying that the localhost if not found. So, I never have been able to back up. What I have done so far is to copy and paste the following folders into an external drive:
a- data from the xampp\mysql\data. This one copies very fast.
b-xampp\htdocs\openemr. This one, and I am not sure why, takes much longer to copy.
I haver restored these files to my laptop but have to inactivate both apache and mysql first.
It is just a long procedure to follow thru, but unless I am wrong, all the data, files, documents, etc get copied, correct?
I don’t understand why such a comprehensive and rich EMR like the openemr, does not have a simple, friendly way, to back up its files from within its own program.
Please, any help for these issues will be very much appreciated.

Replied to this post here: