HTML DOM Elements in LBF Nation Notes Fields

Curiously, my test fixes for both problems were on the same line of code.

1251c1251
<         echo "<div id='form_{$field_id}_div' class='text-area'>".htmlspecialchars($arr[0], ENT_QUOTES)."</div>";
---
>         echo "<div id='form_{$field_id}_div' class='text-area' style='min-width:100pt'>" . $arr[0] . "</div>";

I’m happy for you to apply this or any better idea you may have.

Sure will but, I’m thinking of giving 100% width so table will maintain somewhat responsive behavior. Thanks Rod…

Will be good to get these fixes in soon, then I’ll try out the nifty HTMLPurifier() class we have for “escaping” this stuff (it worked well in @juggernautsei’s ongoing PR that is bringing in a more standard mechanism for ckeditor use).
-brady

1 Like

Here is PR. Rod, I kept your styling 'cause didn’t want to add a width to the themes text class not knowing what effect to new overall app styling. Thanks for the fix.

Edit: New PR for this issue. Thanks @sunsetsystems for fix.

1 Like

@brady.miller , @sunsetsystems

Glad that the issue has been fixed. When we used this code with our instance, there were some UI mismatch. Hopefully when this is released in the patch it would be handled.

Thanks,
ViSolve

What type of ui mismatch? I found an issue with buttons sometimes being hidden that is not in this PR.
ie create group and top group buttons missing after save.

Visolve, I will be most interested in anything that was broken by my big commit dated Sept 15. Could you test the code at or before commit 5b149cd ? Looks to me like the Nation Notes rendering issue has been there for a very long time, and it may well be that enabling the rendering exposes other problems.

In any case, anyone who looks into this will need more details, and perhaps a screenshot or two.

@sunsetsystems,

We will definitely test with different commits when time permits and get back to you with our findings.

Thanks,
ViSolve