How to Start a Consultation, add forms

Hi, please can someone help me on how to start a consultation for the patient and also customize forms based on the informations that i wish to get for the consultation .
Thank

Hi Jessica. Have you looked at the encounter facility? - if you have a patient up then top right of the screen it’s possible to start a new encounter - these record a consultation. press ‘+’ for a new encounter

For each encounter there are a number of forms and questionnaires that are available - one can make up one’s own form or questionnaires and this is the preferred way to go at the moment. If this is the kind of thing you are after i might be able to help you - and at least find the documentation/you-tube tutorial to get you going…

Thank you @ruth, i see but i would like to create new questionnaire forms . Youtube videos i have not seen a video which explain on how to create new ones.

ah good, that narrows down your requirement - i have done this but a while ago - i’ll come back to you with, what i hope, will be some help, as soon as i have a little time to dig it all out :slight_smile:

@ruth, Ok Thank you for your help. I would like to add my own forms

Jerry Padgett the dev of the questionnaire feature gives some instruction on them here.

For instructions on the actual building of the q’aire I think you’ll have to investigate the NLM Form Builder site, linked at the top of the forum post.
Good luck!

thanks H. Yes that’s good advice, I used the NLM Form builder site to build my first questionnaire - so am happy to give you help with that. I’m just fiercely busy till next week at the moment…

@htuck @ruth What i mean here is when i click on clinical like exemple “Vitals”, i wish to get my own form or questionnaires.

So if i am correct, i need to build it using by following that post Questionnaire/Assessment feature implementation instructions

Thank you

@Jessica Well, now that you mention it, questionnaires could be used for that, even though they were created to use for things like mental health status exams and surveys. I believe that their input data format might be limited to a range of values, like ‘rate on a scale of 1 - 10 how bad something is’, rather than actual clinical data like Vitals or physical exam findings.

However, from your description what you’re looking for is building your own clinical data forms, which can be accomplished in OpenEMR by any of 3 methods:

1. Developing in php a data form that would be administered by the ‘Forms Administration’ feature. This requires OpenEMR/ php/ git-hub developer skills
    OpenEMR Contributed Forms - OpenEMR Project Wiki

2. Creating a Nation Notes form- one of the older tools for user- accessible custom form creation in OpenEMR. It’s a little complex but very powerful, and it includes pre-composed text insertion
    Sample NationNotes Form - OpenEMR Project Wiki

3. Layout Based Forms (AKA ‘LBFs’ or Layout Based Visit Forms, ‘LBVs’ ) are the most versatile tool available to non- developer users.
    Sample Layout Based Visit Form - OpenEMR Project Wiki

And of course searching for posts to the forum that have already been made on any of these subjects is a tremendous source of information.

Thank you all, @htuck now i understand and i can see the difference. I think i will choose NLM form builder, @ruth i will appreciate your help when you get some time.