How do you hide data fields you do not need in the inbuilt layout forms of openEMR?

Situation
I’m setting up openEMR for a client. The client says she does not want to have all the data fields in the demographic Layout Based Form where a new client is created. I deleted the fields she did not want using “edit the layout” but then when I did this the error below appeared when I tried to add a new patient.

Query Error

ERROR: query failed: select pid, id, lname, fname, mname, providerID, DATE_FORMAT(DOB,’%m/%d/%Y’) as DOB_TS from patient_data where pid = ‘1’ order by lname ASC, fname ASC

Error: Unknown column ‘providerID’ in ‘field list’

C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\patient.inc at 810:sqlStatement
C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\patient.inc at 825:getPatientPID(Array)
C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\interface\patient_file\summary\demographics.php at 652:getPatientName(1)

Or is there a way I can hide the fields I do not require instead of deleting them.
Kindly help.
Regards

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.1

Browser:
I’m using google chrome

Operating System
I’m using windows 10

@Quantice What fields are you trying to hide. There’s possibly some mandated fields for the form that you need, such as the one providing providerID. You can always hide things using CSS with a display:none value

@adunsulag I thank you for your response. What path do I follow to get to the specific Cascading Style Sheet?. Kindly help.
Regards

So where the community is putting much of the styles is in the interface/themes/ folder. There is specifically an interface/themes/core/forms.scss file you can look at, but it’s pretty light in functionality.

I believe the themes are compiled from SCSS to CSS using gulp from the main source code folder (see gulpfile.js).

I haven’t had to do a project yet on the forms for OpenEMR so you may get better advice from someone with more expertise here on the forums, but that’s where you could start.

1 Like

Thank you very much Stephen