Firefox V 57 breaks Allscripts integration script

Firefox pushed its newest version 57 browser today, which breaks the very useful Allscripts integration Greasemonkey script that Yehester published back in October 2011. I use that functionality many times a day, so I’ve rolled back FF to Version 56.0.2 (with great difficulty) and turned off the automatic updates. Greasemonkey shows that the scripts are installed, but the critical blue oval Allscripts icon doesn’t appear on the patient demographic page.

Is there anyone out there who knows how to modify the Allscripts integration scripts to work correctly with the newest (and subsequent) FF releases? Any thoughts on creating an integrated, more secure version of this functionality to build into OEMR?.

Also, the Allscripts integration would not work at all with the modern tabbed OEMR interface style, so we’ve stayed with the traditional form.

Thanks!

Two things. Last I looked at the allscript script it was basically looking into the OpenEMR web page for specific input classes etc and would have to be modified for newer tabs. With Greasemonkey, I believe FF was last hold out that would allow running scripts. Chrome abandon many versions ago as it is a huge security hole. Most likely our friends at FF stopped as well for security. Surprised took so long if so.

I have the same issue. Would you show me how to roll back to version 5.6.0.2? I did turn off automatic update before restarting the computer but it probably too late. Thanks.

If the FF automatic updates were enabled, then FF V57 will install itself after the next time you close FF, or restart the computer. You will have to let that happen, and then follow the procedure below. .

I am working under Windows 7. The details may vary slightly under other operating systems.

Browse to:

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/56.0.2/win32/

Select the version that corresponds to your preferred language, download it and save it to a convenient place. The en-US\ directory has the US English version.

Then close Firefox.

Working under Windows 7:

Go to Start menu -> Control panel -> Programs and Features

Uninstall Mozilla Maintenance Service if present.

Uninstall Mozilla Firefox version 57

Close control panel.

Run installation of Firefox 56.0.2 installation program that you downloaded.

During installation, uncheck the box that says: Install Maintenance Service?

If FF was installed to a non-default location, select the custom install option and direct the FF installer to the desired directory, else the standard install is OK.

Allow FF to start.

Open the FF Tools-> Options -> General menu, scroll down near bottom and check the “Never check for updates (not recommended)” option.

Then open the FF Tools-> Extensions menu. If Greasemonkey 4.0 has been installed, then select the “Remove” option and remove it.

When completed, Type “Greasemonkey” in the “Get Addons” search field at the top of the page. FF should find the old Greasemonkey 3.17 version. Install it and restart FF.

When FF comes back, the Tool -> Addons menu should show a new Greasemonkey entry in the left column. Select it, and the two Allscripts scripts should still be there, though then have been deactivated on some of my computers. Reactivate any that have been deactivated, and you should be back to normal operation. You will have to download then again from the GreasyFork repository if they have disappeared.
HTH

Thank you for the detail instruction. I will try it at the end of the day.