File permissions after update 404

(Jeremiah Ocasio) #1

Situation
After update to latest stable the add new patient form is going 404.
The requested URL /openemr/interface/new/new_search_popup.php&close was not found on this server.
We set owner to www-data and even tried completely open permissions with no change in ability to see the page in the GUI.

OpenEMR Version
Browser:
Chrome, Firefox, Explorer

Operating System
I’m using: apache2 LAMP stack on Debian

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

(Jeremiah Ocasio) #2

Update Found issue with this one. There is a link
openemr/interface/new/new_search_popup.php&close which is showing not found as the &close on the end is not a valid destination. If you cut it to have
openemr/interface/new/new_search_popup.php instead link works correctly.

By removing the &close in the link structure found in file /openemr/interface/new/new_comprehensive.php the link functions as expected and allows the file permissions and owner to be set as default when installed.

(Brady Miller) #3

Hi @Jeremiah_Ocasio ,

Which link/button that you click within OpenEMR is doing this?

thanks,
-brady

(Jeremiah Ocasio) #4

Hello @brady.miller the link is under create new patient when saving in demographics. It appears to be in the debian update files as we did a test server and the same link issues occurred.

On a similar note. New patient/search within frames menu type Aldo hora 404 on demographics.php
Switching to Tabs resolves the problem.

(Eko Budiharto) #6

dear doctor Brady,
I also experience this error. I do not do anything including anything. What I did just adding records in the “Commune” list and then I am trying to add a new patient, when I click the button “Create new patient”, I got this error. Please help. Thank you .

(Eko Budiharto) #7

dear doctor Brady,
I did some modification as “@Jeremiah Ocasio” told -> “By removing the &close in the link structure found in file /openemr/interface/new/new_comprehensive.php the link functions as expected and allows the file permissions and owner to be set as default when installed.” -> it is running well as before.
The strange thing why it gave me that error although I do not do any modifications.

(David Nichols) #8

Ran into this issue today. Removing the &Close as described corrected it. Thank you for posting!