Fee Sheet List Pre-sets

anonymous wrote on Monday, March 01, 2010:

Are the pre-set fee sheet items not suppose to generate the pricing when selected for billing? In other words when you set a price for a CPT4 code within the superbill section and then add that CPT4 code to a preset for the Fee Sheet list in the lists section under the admin menu. When you go to charge and select that pre-set it populates the CPT4 code but doesn’t populate the fee associated… is that suppose to happen or is it suppose to generate the price as well?

sunsetsystems wrote on Monday, March 01, 2010:

When an item is selected into the fee sheet it copies in the corresponding price, if there is one, from the prices table.  Then when you save the fee sheet, the entries with their prices are saved into the billing table.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

erealgroup wrote on Wednesday, March 03, 2010:

There still seems to be a bug when selecting from the Fee Sheet, here is what I found.

Administrator > Services
Add CPT code 100 -  add price and description
ADD CPT code 100 - add price, description and a modifier

Administrator > Lists
Create a Group and Option
Add CPT code 100
Click on the CPT code again to add a second CPT code to the group
add CPT Code 100 with the modifier

Then go to the Fee Sheet and select the Group that was created
Pricing will only come out on the code that does not have a modifier.

The fee_sheet_options table does not have an ID that links the CPT table. The modifier is not passed, therefore when you select a group that has a modifier.   The price, the modifier and description field will be blank.

Let me know if you encounter the same or need more explanation on this.

Thanks,

Phillip

anonymous wrote on Thursday, March 04, 2010:

erealgroup and Rod,

I guess i didn’t express the situation properly but I believe erealgroup did a better job. That’s exactly what I was trying to get at that the pre-sets aren’t pulling pricings from the price list.

sunsetsystems wrote on Thursday, March 04, 2010:

It sounds like the code selector popup has a bug where it is not including the modifier.  If I remember correctly the modifier, if present, should be appended to the code with a “:” in between.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

anonymous wrote on Thursday, March 04, 2010:

what about for the price?

sunsetsystems wrote on Thursday, March 04, 2010:

If the price problem occurs without modifiers, then that is some other issue.  You’ll need to explain in more detail how to see it - best score awarded for specific steps to reproduce it on the public demo site!

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

visolveemr wrote on Friday, March 05, 2010:

Hi,

We’ve reproduced the same in 3.2.0 demo site (http://opensourceemr.com:2096/)

1. In Administrator->Services, the following two codes are added

CPT 101 - with modifier

Code - CPT 101
Modifier - 5
Price - 101
Description - With Modifier

CPT 102- without modifier

Code - CPT 102
Price - 102
Description - No Modifier

2. In Administrator-> Lists->Fee Sheet, a new group ‘Test’ is created

The above codes (101 and 102) are added under ‘Test’
“Mod” represents 101 (With modifier)
“NoMod” represents 102 (with no modifier)

3. Create a encounter for a patient and choose Fee sheet

4. The “Test” category is present in the Fee sheet

When NoMod is chosen,the price and the description are displayed
When Mod is chosen, the price and the description are not displayed.

Reason

In the table “fee_sheet_options”, the ‘fs_codes’ column does not store the modifier along with them.
For ex: For the CPT code 101, even if the modifier is present, it stores as “CPT4|101” instead of “CPT|101:5”. The above said issue can be resolved if the modifier is properly stored in “fee_sheet_options” table.

Thanks
ViCarePlus team
www.vicareplus.com