Fee Sheet Copy Diagnoses from Previous

drkay wrote on Sunday, December 23, 2012:

I’m doing the hospital billing right now because my biller has been swamped with converting to OpenEMR (mostly because we are entering a bunch of data for each patient that is new to us because we didn’t keep it in a computer system before, like all the parents’ contact info, including home phones, cell phone, work, permission to contact by email, sms, etc., but there have been several billing glitches we have needed to work through as well that have put her behind). She may be doing these in the future. If so, I would communicate them to her by writing them on the hospital face sheet that I can print from the hospital EHR. You probably know this, but a face sheet is a sheet that contains the patient demographics and insurance information. I would hand-write the diagnoses, type of deliver, and any medical issues on the sheet, as well as the dates that I saw the newborn on this sheet.

drkay wrote on Sunday, December 23, 2012:

We can also add an ICD-9 code for the weight of the newborn (in ranges like for the gestational age). I don’t do this. I don’t know if the health plans really care, or if they care if I enter a code for the gestational age for that matter.

yehster wrote on Sunday, December 23, 2012:

Ideally it would be easier and more reliable for you to be able to accomplish the billing in OpenEMR directly, rather than needing to relay the information through a paper face sheet.
Given how similar the billing is across all newborns, I think this is a realistic goal, but things often end up being more complicated than they first appear.
I’d like to continue this discussion with you in more detail and possibly through a more efficient communication format after the holidays.