Failure using the de-identification script

I’ve followed the directions and I am having issues with the de_identification script.

This is the issue I am running into. Any suggestions? This is for a demo site.

Hi @growlingflea ,

Looks like the script is copying file to the $GLOBALS[‘temporary_files_dir’] before then running it. I looks like maybe you don’t have access to the /tmp directory (so, it’s trying to copy it, but can’t). It also is using shell_exec() command to copy it which may pose problems on windows.

-brady

@brady does this section use the config information in the globals section?

@growlingflea Where is OEMR installed Windows or Linux? In previous versions I was only able to get it to work on Linux based install.

Windows? What’s Windows? I’m strictly a Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) user.

I looked in the /var/log/apache/error.log file and didn’t see any errors regarding permissions. Maybe I should change permissions on my /tmp directory, anyway. For some reason I have my system pretty locked down.

I actually just wrote my own deID script. Its irreversible and works fine for demo sites. Feel free to take a look at it.

deidentification.php (20.7 KB)

@growlingflea ,

Very neat. Recommend submitting this to openemr as a pull request and placing it in the contrib folder (a new directory contrib/util/deidentification). Also, when you do this, recommend placing an exit statement at the top of the php script (with a comment above it to remove it, if wish to use the script); this avoids it getting run by ordinary users.

-brady

Ok. Submitted the pull request and followed your directions.

Thanks!
Brought it into the codebase. thanks for the contribution:

-brady