External database upload

This should be one of the simplest but I just can’t seem to know where to upload. Direction I guess is for those that already know things like this.
I have downloaded the snomed and rxnorm zip files. “Instruction is to upload to directory “contrib/snomed and contrib/rxnom “ how or what steps to actually do this? Thank you in advance.

Hi. Next go to Administer->External Data Load

Thanks APerez, thanks for replying. But that’s the problem. I don’t know how to place in the “Directory” first before moving on to your next directive

@Daniel_Ofodile

Following are the steps to be followed for installing snomed database
• Find the root directory where OpenEMR application is running
• Copy the downloaded zip file and paste inside contrib/snomed folder
• Login to OpenEMR and navigate to Administration->other->External Data Loads
• You will find SNOMED. Click install button to install snomed database (as show in the figure)

Same procedure can be followed to install rxnom.

Hope it helps.Let us know if you know have any clarifications.

Thanks
ViSolve-120

I have this on Cloud Google launch pad.
Pls walk me through how to find
• “Find the root directory where OpenEMR application is running“. Still the same question :grinning: . I guess most have this on a webhost and can just get to it.

@Daniel_Ofodile
• Login to google cloud you will find vm instance with ssh button.Click on ssh to start the machine.
• Click on settings icon(highlighted in figure 1) and navigate to Upload file
• Upload the snomed zip file(figure 2)
• The zip will be uploaded in home directory.Move it to corresponding directory(contrib/snomed).

Note:The above procedure is applied only for OpenEMR without docker.

Thanks
ViSolve-120

Thanks visolveemr! I appreciate. I got to exactly where you stopped in this tutorial. I still cannot get to, or find the Uploaded file, can not find the directory :sob:

Hello All, I was wondering if anyone is able to help me get past this huddle. I abandoned the use of openEmr as i am unable to figure it out. Can someone pls make a video on how to uploading these files to the “VM instance” and then move from the root to the contrib/rxnorm, contrib/snomed. I am using the google cloud platform.
using the ubuntu terminal, a search for the directory, “contrib/snomed” says it does not exist. So i created using "mkdir contrib/snomed’ then moved the files by using the command "mv nameoftheflie.zip ./contrib/snomed
going back to check content of the directory, i see the zip file but not showing in the EMR, to execute.
What am i doing wrong?

Which directory exactly do you have OpenEMR in?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Pete. I am a complete novice when it come to all this. I am using the plug and play “openemr-launchpad-1-vm” google cloud. Prior thread showed me how to upload the files but it goes to the home root and I am supposed to move to contrib/snomed etc
It’s how to make that move. I have watched tons of videos for this. Those using Launchpad what did you all do to get this in the right directory that I am missing

I don’t know about Google VM sorry.

Usually it’s the simplest thing: you have ssh or sftp access to your system and you navigate into the directory you have OpenEMR installed, e.g. /var/www/openemr, and in there are various OpenEMR directories, e.g. “contrib”. If you’ve used sftp then you can just drag and drop SNOMED into contrib/snomed.

If I search on “google vm access web directory” then I get results that look like they should be of help to you:

Location of Wordpress installation in Google Cloud Platform

SSH from the browser
https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/ssh-in-browser

Thanks Pete, this is really helpful and points me at something to do. I really appreciate. ill update soon.

I was able to follow some tutorial and able to get the Filezilla sftp up. I still cannot find the contrib/rxnorm or contrib/snomed directories. I took a screen shot too illustrate my inability to find this directory.
can someone pls help? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_j_bNFHgf5oWeoSXvxWXOpt7V0KzQB2k/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

“contrib” is not an absolute path, it is not “/contrib” which is what you are doing. It is meant as relative to the root of the OpenEMR directory. Your screenshots don’t ever scroll down to show us where OpenEMR might be installed into, but typically that could be somewhere within /var/www/html. But note that one of the links I gave said that for them on Google Cloud, that directory was /opt/bitnami/apps/Wordpress/htdocs.

Consider an example from another environment, if this was Windows, Firefox would be installed in for example “C:\program files\mozilla firefox”. Some instructions might recommend to install an add-on in Firefox’s “browser\extensions” directory. But anyway, the folder would be “C:\program files\mozilla firefox\browser\extensions”, not “C:\browser\extensions” which is what you’re doing.