Error Installing Version 5.0.2

@brady.miller same thing…
ERROR. unable to execute SQL: 'CREATE TABLE `history_data` ( `id` bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment, `coffee` longtext, `tobacco` longtext, `alcohol` longtext, `sleep_patterns` longtext, `exercise_patterns` longtext, `seatbelt_use` longtext, `counseling` longtext, `hazardous_activities` longtext, `recreational_drugs` longtext, `last_breast_exam` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_mammogram` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_gynocological_exam` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_rectal_exam` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_prostate_exam` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_physical_exam` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_sigmoidoscopy_colonoscopy` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_ecg` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_cardiac_echo` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_retinal` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_fluvax` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_pneuvax` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_ldl` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_hemoglobin` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_psa` varchar(255) default NULL, `last_exam_results` varchar(255) default NULL, `history_mother` longtext, `dc_mother` text, `history_father` longtext, `dc_father` text, `history_siblings` longtext, `dc_siblings` text, `history_offspring` longtext, `dc_offspring` text, `history_spouse` longtext, `dc_spouse` text, `relatives_cancer` longtext, `relatives_tuberculosis` longtext, `relatives_diabetes` longtext, `relatives_high_blood_pressure` longtext, `relatives_heart_problems` longtext, `relatives_stroke` longtext, `relatives_epilepsy` longtext, `relatives_mental_illness` longtext, `relatives_suicide` longtext, `cataract_surgery` datetime default NULL, `tonsillectomy` datetime default NULL, `cholecystestomy` datetime default NULL, `heart_surgery` datetime default NULL, `hysterectomy` datetime default NULL, `hernia_repair` datetime default NULL, `hip_replacement` datetime default NULL, `knee_replacement` datetime default NULL, `appendectomy` datetime default NULL, `date` datetime default NULL, `pid` bigint(20) NOT NULL default '0', `name_1` varchar(255) default NULL, `value_1` varchar(255) default NULL, `name_2` varchar(255) default NULL, `value_2` varchar(255) default NULL, `additional_history` text, `exams` text, `usertext11` TEXT, `usertext12` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext13` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext14` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext15` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext16` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext17` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext18` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext19` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext20` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext21` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext22` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext23` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext24` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext25` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext26` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext27` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext28` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext29` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `usertext30` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `userdate11` date DEFAULT NULL, `userdate12` date DEFAULT NULL, `userdate13` date DEFAULT NULL, `userdate14` date DEFAULT NULL, `userdate15` date DEFAULT NULL, `userarea11` text, `userarea12` text, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `pid` (`pid`)) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ' due to: Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.

something went wrong with the code quote, sorry for the flooding

Also, if it helps, the Installer manages to create 50 tables in the database

hi @konsyr11 ,
That history_data is a different table than what was breaking previously in mariadb 10.3.17, which is what was fixed (form_eye_neuro table). I’ll test 10.3.18 tonight and see if I can duplicate your error.
-brady

Also,
Are you creating the database before you run the install? If so, what encoding are you using?

The databases can only be created by my web host. I can check the encoding, but I am not sure I will be able to change it.

@brady.miller
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)
Server Connection Collation: utf8mb4_unicode_ci

hi @konsyr11 ,
I tested to work ok on mariadb 10.3.18. You need to use utf8_general_ci collation when you create the database. The utf8mb4_unicode_ci will take up more space, which is why it breaks history_data table. In the future, it would be good if somebody took the task to ensure mb4 support in OpenEMR, but I’m guessing that’s likely not gonna happen anytime soon.

1 Like

Will test it now, thank you.

@brady.miller I changed it, still same error…

Do you have phpmyadmin? If so, what do you see in the Collation column for the openemr database when you look at the Databases screen?

I think this is the error… It is latin something. I am changing it and testing.

Hi @brady.miller, I am getting the same >8126 error for (form_eye_neuro table) with openemr version 5.0.2 on windows 10 running xampp version 7.3.10. I am thinking that I will not need this form and I should remove it from the installation. Would you know which installation file I should edit to get rid of this form? Also do you know anyone who can provide online support for a fee during the installation and configuration of openemr?
-John.

Hi @ybm2019 ,
This should of been fixed in the most recent patch (and packages) that was just released several days ago. When did you download the OpenEMR 5.0.2 package?
-brady

Hi @BradyMiller,
Many thanks indeed. The issue has been resolved following your very helpful response. I had downloaded the OpenEMR 5.0.2 package on 14 October 2019. Applying the patch released on 15 October 2019 to it was returning a blank page with http://localhost/openemr. Following your response, I downloaded the OpenEMR 5.0.2 package again and its installation proceeded successfully.

@ybm2019 @brady.miller @konsyr11 how did you manage to solve the installation problem above. I can not circumvent it. It has taken me more than 4 hours trying everything. I’m trying to install OpenEMR 5.0.2 on a shared hosting.
Regards

I am using MariaDB, after i change my collation of the database in PHPMyadmin to utf8_general_ci . Then i install again from step 1. Problems solved. Remember to drops all table, columns in that database before you comeback to step 1 to install again. You also need Docker.

Before that, i used other collations such as utf8mb4_unicode_ci. >>> That makes error.
@Quantice, @konsyr11 : you can set collation to utf8_general_ci and try.

Hi I am getting the same error. i am on 5.0.1 and I want to go to 6 but when i move to 5.0.2 the error row size too large happens . i used utf8 and utfmb4 and no difference. what are your thoughts? i have only recently down loaded the 5.0.2.
thank you!

hi @Nik_Gkampranis, d/l v6 and try the upgrade.

Thanks this work for me