Error after LinuxMint 19.3 Updated

Situation
So…Rand the regular update on LinuxMint 19.3 - and now server is giving the following error when trying to enter the ‘admin’ account. Other accounts (users) are fine.

FATAL ERROR: crypt() function is not working correctly in OpenEMR

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version Version Number: v5.0.2 (1) (though the icon says this - I believe we are on the first rendition or second rendition of 7)

Browser:
Firefox

Operating System
LinuxMint 19.3

Logs
Did you check the logs? No.
Was there anything pertinent in them?
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

See this:

“What is “FATAL ERROR: crypt() function is not working correctly in OpenEMR”?”

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#What_is_.22FATAL_ERROR:_crypt.28.29_function_is_not_working_correctly_in_OpenEMR.22.3F

1 Like

Recommend upgrading your version of OpenEMR to be compatible with the server’s php/mariadb version. You may need professional help to get all the dependencies in order.

and "users_secure mysql " might be found where?

oh sorry @mschap , didn’t see that your other users are fine,

get to a mysql/mariadb prompt and try running this to reset the admin password to pass

UPDATE `users_secure` SET `password` = '$2a$05$MKtnxYsfFPlb2mOW7Qzq2Oz61S26s5E80Yd60lKdX4Wy3PBdEufNu' WHERE `username` = 'admin';

Okay it is v5.0.2 (1) that I am running.

I cannot find mysql/mariadb nor can I find users_secure mysql. Pretend that this is all foreign to me – not that far off :wink:

how do I get to a myqul/maridb promt? thank-you.