Empty Search results doesn't allow to close or navigate in demographics screen

Hello Team ,

When we editing the demographics information of the patient, under insurance section Search/Add option is clicked to search insurance provider details . During this process we observed the following:

Thanks,
ViSolve

Hi @visolveemr
Did something show up in the php error log (or the web browser javascript error log)?

Hello Team,

When we clicked to search insurance providers details, show up the error as “Type Error $.browser is undefined” on the web browser java script error log .In demographics_full.php file ,need to change the version of Jquery plugin from “/jquery-min-1-9-1/index.js” to “/jquery-min-1-7-2/index.js”.Once this change is done, the close button will be available in the insurance search Fancy box.

Thanks,
ViSolve

I believe there is a newer version of jquery-ui or the fancy box plug in that allows for newer versions of jquery(I don’t remember which). I believe jquery 1-9 was when they dropped .browser support. Or leave the newer jquery version and load lesser version on top to get that support.
Problem with downing the jquery version is that there may be something needed in newer version somewhere else in the module.
Just a though.

@visolveemr , @sjpadgett

Check out this issues for some issues with jquery versions:

Basically bootstrap js requires 1.9.1 or greater, but fancybox requires 1.7.2 or less. And modern fancybox is not gpl friendly, so we are planning migrating from fancybox to bootstrap modals in the “user interface improvement project”.

In this case bootstrap, is not even used there, so rec dropping version to 1.7.2 (feel free to submit a PR to do this so you get credit). I’ll also plan to bring your fix into the next 5.0.0 patch.

-brady

@visolveemr,

Thanks for this fix! I just brought this into the codebase for both demographics forms (this was also causing bugs in the new patient demographics form). Also Plan to bring this into the next 5.0.0 patch.

-brady