Edge browser connectivity issue

I have installed a development environment in a VMware instance to start playing around with OpenEMR. I can connect to it via IP address without issue using IE but when I try to use the Edge browser it doesn’t appear to even attempt to connect. I suspect it is a security setting issue but I have tried adding the subnet to Internet Options -> Security -> Local Intranet -> Sites and Trusted sites -> Sites without success. Any ideas?

I have tested using Edge to connect to various OpenEMR instances without issue. I would never recommend using it as a client browser because it’s ugly, difficult, and frustrating for the average user, but it’s certainly functional.
What server platform is in use? Connecting via HTTP or HTTPS?
If using HTTPS, try connecting with a current version of Firefox and see if it provides any useful feedback about a lack of security or server misconfiguration issues.

I figured it out. To answer your questions first:

Windows 10 fully patched
VMware Player 12.5.7
Default ubuntu instance created with Ubunto 18.04 LTS server

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade;
sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
sudo apt-get install php

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade;
wget downloads.sourceforge.net/openemr/openemr-php7_5.0.1-2_all.deb
sudo dpkg -i openemr-php7_5.0.1-2_all.deb
sudo apt-get install -f

I can connect over http with IE on the host machine to OpenEMR running within the VMware instance. I could not connect with Edge.

To fix the problem I changed from the default NAT setting for the network adapter in the VMware instance to bridged. Works now.

I need to get this dev environment up and running and try importing the data from my current emr (CureMD). Then I will work on getting familiar with the application and code base and customize it for my workflow. Will eventually run the EMR within an AWS instance, likely Express Plus.