Drug database needed

Hi,

I think it is better if the openEMR has a drug database. Just like the ICD diagnosis database, which is helpful. However, even I imported the external data load of RxNorm, when I try to prescribe medications, there is no search results of drugs.

Tom

Hi @TomHsiung ,

In the prescriptions gui, can search for medications via the “Click Here to Search”, which searches over web. The upcoming version to be released does this much nicer.

There is also a dispensary module where you can set up a drug list.

The only thing that currently uses the internal rxnorm database is the interaction checking feature.

-brady

Hi Tom & Brad
We have our own drug database with generic-brand names for more than 8000+ medications which can be used from the prescription interface.
We have also the RxNorm list available on a drop down list

The Dispensing list will be a real plus

I was not aware of the interaction checking feature from the Prescription interface of the current version. How do we get this?

What we have done if to insert a button for an external interaction checker (for now)

One more question:
Is it possible to have a laboratory investigation list with normal values since we do not still have the facility to connect to a lab that electronically sends the test results. I may not know this feature of the OpenEMR

Kumara