Different Date when generating report

Hello I updated to version 5.0 and it has been working fine. Recently I noticed something strange with E-signatures. For example if I have an encounter on the 08/20/2017 and Esign in on the same day. Upon clicking generating report, it shows a different E-SIGN date. The E-sign date would be previous date that I E-signed.
How could I solve this problem?

Thank you

Hello cornutaurus,
Does it happen for all encounters or only for specific encounter?
Is there any data/time changes in other OpenEMR pages?
Thanks,
ViSolve

Hello. It started happen about 3 weeks ago. The only things I remembered is I updated to version 5.0 during that time. It happens to all encounters the past 3 weeks.
When viewing the encounter by itself, it shows the correct E-sign log date. I was able to E-sign with correct date. However, when click on “generating report” the E-sign date is from a previous encounter. Sometimes its from encounter of 1 week ago, sometimes its from encounter of couple days ago.
For example. I signed an encounter (1) on 08/19/17 11:03:32. Upon viewing the encounter it shows that date. However, when click on generating report. it shows 08/10/17 12:02:40. I checked that E-sign log under localhost and it showed that signature belongs to a different patient under different date.
In addition, I tried to sign another E-sign to the same encounter (1). When viewing it it shows two different E-sign date 08/19/17 11:03:32 and 08/21/17 11:21:02. However, when click “generating report” it only shows 08/10/17 12:02:40.

Previous encounters prior to 3 weeks ago are unaffected. Also. I just switched to windows 10 since updated version 5.0

Thank you

just a shot in the dark @cornutaurus but have you tried clearing your cache?

After the upgrade, assume there might be some sql upgrade conflicts.
So check if Esign_signatures are stored in esign_signatures table. This table is mapped with forms table using form id, verify those values are mapped correctly in database.

Thanks ,
ViSolve

Hello Stephenwaite

My browser clear cache every time it closes. Manually do it and still did not work.

The table is mapped with correctly. Even when I created a new encounter and did not E-sign, it still showing the E-sign from previous dates.

It might be related to the timezone setting in Xampp. Check phpinfo to verify that the timezone that is set is correct for your location. If not correct it in php.ini, restart Xampp and verify in phpinfo that your setting is now correct.

The time zone is correct. I was able to E-sign in with correct date. However, when generating report, it becomes a different date. See pic below.

I figured if the time zone is incorrect, it would only change the hour, not minutes and seconds

Hi @cornutaurus ,

Smells like a bug. Can you reproduce this on the demo server at? :
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Demo

-brady

Hello Brady, sorry for late reply due the hurricane. It must have been the computer, I reset the computer and it seems to be working now. I remember turning on and off “set time automatically” and “adjust for daylight saving time automatically” feature of Windows 10. Before the error, I was using windows 7 so it might be that too?

Thank you

1 Like

hi @cornutaurus ,
Thanks for the followup and stay safe.
-brady