Different Clinics/Specialties

Hi,

I’ve wondering is there a way to register doctors to different clinics/specialty. Doctor John in Pediatrics, and Doctor Doe in Cardiology, etc…
I believe we only going to need list of different clinics within the facility and that’s it. What do you think?

You can set as many Drs as you like within the same facility or You can setup sites.
Will they be see the same patients? If not do sites.

Yes they can see same patients, because it’s same facility.
Only difference is doctor’s specialty.

Let’s say before introducing OEMR to this facility, they are currently having different department/clinics. And each clinic has it’s own doctors.
Basically I wanted to group certain doctors under one department or specialty.

Maybe not what you’re looking for, but under Administration --> Users, when you add/edit a user you can assign a specialty. I imagine that list is generated from Administration --> Lists though I’m away from my computer so I can’t verify (I’m actually currently giving that interface a facelift so if it turns out the list is hard coded, I can probably get a patch out quickly so users can define the specialties

Thank you Robert,

Yes it generated from Lists in Administration. But it has 12. Isn’t physician specialties are more than 12? Or is this something else?

My guess is those 12 were just a starting point, you can add to it :slightly_smiling_face: