Dental (database) problem

I will get back to you before the end of the week.

1 Like

Hi friends
Glad to join to this community as a new user. I am planning to use openEMR in my dentistry and it would be my pleasure to contribute on making the form to publish it in public and also use it in my dentistry. I am dentist and I can help you with the dental chart details.
Dear @roland , Please let me know if you are interested too.
Cheers

1 Like

I know this thread is old but I’d suggest a table with one row per tooth, since different species have different numbers of teeth. You could also have info regarding when each tooth was removed.

@LanceM, yes it’s old. We have a dentistry form now with flexible table using one row per tooth that adapts itself to the species (44 elements max, so a human or an American opossum also fit in). And in each row the table stores info about any problem the tooth might have plus all restorations, removals etc. just like the paper dentistry record. Took me almost 2 years of sunday afternoon’s to develop much to the dislike of my friend but it’s finished!

Hi @roland I am trying to set up openemr for our family. we have an ophthalmology, dental and gp and psychotherapy department. I am struggling to find a dental module for openemr and that’s how I ended up here…

Is your dentistry encounter functional and are you sharing it with other people to use? I would greatly appreciate if you can share it with me or any guidance on how I can set up openemr to accommodate a dental department in a multispecialty facility. hoping to hear from you or anyone who has made openemr work for their dental practice

Hi John,
I was not active on the forum for some time, but there we go; I remember that this issue came up a few times, and that there was a dentist using it. We use the modified Triadan system for our patients, I don’ t know what the dental record standard is where you are. It can be adapted for human use, since the form has to display different dental records for each species of animal that we treat. However I am not sure if the system of keeping track of restorations, extractions etc. is the same as we use in our form. Let me know if you have found a solution meanwhile.

Roland

Hi Roland. Thanks for checking and your response after a long absence. I got someone to try and figure it out but they are battling. They will definitely be able to tweak something already built. Our market is underdeveloped so we rely on british/south african standards but nothing is enforced by our medical regulatory board. Its left to the individual clinic.

Whatever code you can provide us with will be very helpful

Hello im human dentist and i can help you with human dental chart and forms

1 Like

Hi @John_Nkume ,
We are working with it for a few years now since version 5.0. I have adapted it for OEMR version 7.0. It now looks like this.

Not very human I admit, but I could change the code to fit humans, if I know how they do it… And change some graphics but that’s easy. I’ll ask around

Hi,
it would be nice to have an idea how a human chart usually looks to help out other doctors on an opensource lowbudget… Is there an international standard for it? This veterinary chart would just need the some extra info (human dental formula and how restorations and procedures are noted) and it will adapt itself (I hope)…
thanks
Roland :paw_prints:

Dear Roland,
Is this form available for public. Have you published it somewhere so that we can use it?

Hi there perhaps this link will help

Hi managed to get someone to do a very basic set up for us. Il share ince the job is complete.

Your approach is very detailed. It shouldn’t be very difficult to translate for human purposes. Just doing some reading and comparing between human dental interfaces and yours. The underlying principal looks the same. Each tooth has multiple surfaces and you select the surface you are working on each encounter with accompanying notes.