Data type Textarea defaulting to one column in encounter summary

k2c-supp wrote on Friday, January 13, 2017:

I just upgraded to 4.2.2 from 4.2.0 and my providers are commenting that the text area displays in the encounter summaries are too tall and skinny. In a 4.2.0 LBF the text area summary would fill across the page in all remaining columns if the Data Column (Data Cols) was set to 3 or greater. in 4.2.2 the text area defaults to a single column width in the encounter summary regardles of the size of the Data Cols, making the input comment “tall and skinny”.

Where could I go, which .php file to modify, to allow the column width to correspond to the layout parameters as in 4.2.0?

Thanks, -Joel

bradymiller wrote on Monday, January 16, 2017:

Hi Joel,

Try these steps:

1. Remove cookies/history from browser.
  2. Use firefox.
  3. Recommend trying it out on the 4.2.2 demo to see if it works there:
    http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Demo

and let us know how it goes.

btw, the code is in the library/options.inc.php library

-brady

epsdky wrote on Wednesday, January 18, 2017:

Hello Joel and Brady,

The width of the LBF content in the Encounter Summary is being restricted (by a recent code change) to 30 characters.

Here is a fix.

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, January 19, 2017:

Hi epsdky,

Thanks for the fix. Just brought it into the codebase (also brought it into the rel-500 branch for the 5.0.0 release).

-brady
OpenEMR

k2c-supp wrote on Saturday, February 11, 2017:

Epsdky and Brady,

Thank you very much for this fix. It works great. After applying the code change I realized I didn’t thank you. Your help is always very much appreciated.

-Joel

jboyd13 wrote on Saturday, February 11, 2017:

Hi,

What if you cannot use firefox and what code do you add to the library/options.inc.php library? I can only use Safari or Chrome reliably on my Mac.

Thanks,
Joyce

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, February 15, 2017:

Hi Joyce,

The code that was added for this fix can be seen here:

I didn’t realize Firefox was not available on Mac?? Although we recommend Firefox, which is what the developers test on, other browsers will likely also work (abeit there is a possibility of bugs).

-brady
OpenEMR

jboyd13 wrote on Wednesday, February 15, 2017:

Hi Brady,

Thanks for the link.

Firefox does work and is available with Mac. My Mac was infected with malware while using Firefox. So, when I install it, I have problems. Apple’s advice was to uninstall it, never install again, and only use Apple products available through the Apple store. I haven’t tried to reinstall it in awhile. I don’t want the headache. I think whatever was there could not be totally erased. I even tried AppZapper. That being said. I just use Safari or Chrome.

Thanks again,

Joyce

Hi Brady,

I went modify the forms.php file and the line of code change in github is line 639. My forms.php only has 600 lines. I’m wondering if I have an old old version of forms.php. Please advise.

Thanks,

Joyce

Hi Brady,

I made the changes suggested to both files (line 565 on …interface/patient_file/encounter/forms.php). I think it is better but, if there is more than 1 submission of a form the Group Name does not appear on Enc Sum after the first one is saved. See attached screenshot.

Thank you,

Joyce

epsdky wrote on Wednesday, February 15, 2017:

I reversed the fix and get exactly the same result.

(Hello Brady, You’re welcome)

(Hello Joel, No problem)

@epsdky… The same result as me?

Yes.

@epsdky… Thanks for the clarification… Any ideas on how to fix it?