Customize parts of eye exam

For the “Eye Exam” that comes as one of the forms, how can I customize parts of the exam like adding different technique for measuring eye pressure. I would like to add on the spectacle Rx where it will print out expiration dates as static data. Thanks.

@scifi000,

Please look at the files under the following directory for customization like adding different technique for measuring eye pressure.

openemr-directory/interface/forms/eye_mag/    

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Currently you can record IOP as applanation, tonopen or finger tension.
If you utilize a different technique such as pneumotonometry(PT), but do not use Tonopen(TP) as an example, you can simply change the labels in the code. Using TP and PT simply as examples to demonstrate the code changes, there are two locations that need to be adjusted for the clinician’s view. My line numbers may be different than yours so adjust accordingly. If you have some other method in mind, use an abbreviation that makes sense to the clinical team.

view.php:
around line 967
<span name="IOP_TPN"><b><?php echo xlt('TP{{tonopen}}'); ?></b></span>
change to
<span name="IOP_TPN"><b><?php echo xlt('PT{{pneumotonometry}}'); ?></b></span>

report.php:
around line 587:
xlt('Tpn{{Tonopen abbreviation}}')
change to
xlt('PT{{pneumotonometry}}')

The Glaucoma Flow Board uses Applanation to calculate and display trends… If the clinician never applanates, but always uses pneumotonometry, then change those values/line instead of Tonopen (one line higher in the code both files).

You should consider not changing the other fields around these lines - they correspond to the DB fields… If you changed them you would need to add new fields in the DB and change every other instance where these fields (IOPODTPN and IOPOSTPN) are mentioned throughout the code, including the save, js, css, and reports files… Possible but probably not practical or necessary to meet your clinical needs.

For the expiration date of an Glasses Rx/Contact lens Rx, what would you like to see? 6 months from measurement date? What are your thoughts here and I’ll show you the code. This feature is something also to add to the codebase.

Hope that helps.
Ray

Hello Ray. I would like my spectacle RX and the contact Rx print outs to have expiration dates for them as static text: “Spectacle RX expires in two years.” “Contacts RX expires n one year.” How would I add this code? Thanks.

By altering the /openemr/interface/forms/eye_mag/SpectacleRx.php file, you can add the extra text you desire.

My suggestion would be to do something like this around line 751:

replace

<br /><br />

with :

<div style="margin: 0px auto;width: 90%;text-align: center;">
     <?php
     if ($REFTYPE=='CTL') {
     echo xlt('Contacts RX expires in one year.');
     } else {
     echo xlt('Spectacle RX expires in two years.');
     }
     ?>
     </div>

The xlt is the translation engine should anyone use this in another language.

Ray

N.B. I had to edit this reply - as email it mangled the code lines…

Thanks for the reply. When printing the manifest refraction. Patient’s data appear on the upper right, for example. :
Daffy Duck
DOB: 1988-02-02
Generated on: 2018-02-12
Visit Date: 2017-11-27
Provider: Doctor

1. Is there a way to increase the font size on DOB:, Generated on:, visit Date:. Provider:and the data that follow these?

2. On the Rx Type, by default the Bifocal is marked with a circle, is it possible for me to make the “Single” choice the default? Thank You.

Rx Type

**Single **
**Bifocal **
**Trifocal **
**Prog. **

rmagauran R Magauran
February 12
By altering the /openemr/interface/forms/eye_mag/SpectacleRx.php file, you can add the extra text you desire.

replace “

with :

<?php if ($REFTYPE=='CTL') { echo xlt('Contacts RX expires in one year.'); } else { echo xlt('Spectacle RX expires in two years.'); } ?>

Ray

scifi000 chase yi

February 12

Hello Ray. I would like my spectacle RX and the contact Rx print outs to have expiration dates for them as static text: “Spectacle RX expires in two years.” “Contacts RX expires n one year.” How would I add this code? Thanks.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

rmagauran R Magauran

December 11

Currently you can record IOP as applanation, tonopen or finger tension. If you utilize a different technique such as pneumotonometry(PT), but do not use Tonopen(TP) as an example, you can simply change the labels in the code. Using TP and PT simply as examples to demonstrate the code changes, ther…

Previous Replies

rmagauran R Magauran

December 11

If you utilize a different technique such as pneumotonometry(PT), but do not use Tonopen(TP) as an example, you can simply change the labels in the code. Using TP and PT simply as examples to demonstrate the code changes, there are two locations that need to be adjusted for the clinician’s view. My line numbers may be different than yours so adjust accordingly. If you have some other method in mind, use an abbreviation that makes sense to the clinical team.

view.php:

around line 967

change to

report.php:

around line 587:

change to

The Glaucoma Flow Board uses Applanation to calculate and display trends… If the clinician never applanates, but always uses pneumotonometry, then change those values/line instead of Tonopen (one line higher in the code both files).

You should consider not changing the other fields around these lines - they correspond to the DB fields… If you changed them you would need to add new fields in the DB and change every other instance where these fields (IOPODTPN and IOPOSTPN) are mentioned throughout the code, including the save, js, css, and reports files… Possible but probably not practical or necessary to meet your clinical needs.

For the expiration date of an Glasses Rx/Contact lens Rx, what would you like to see? 6 months from measurement date? What are your thoughts here and I’ll show you the code. This feature is something also to add to the codebase.

Hope that helps.

Ray

visolveemr ViSolve

December 11

@scifi000,

Please look at the files under the following directory for customization like adding different technique for measuring eye pressure.

> > openemr-directory/interface/forms/eye_mag/

To @scifi000

Is there a way to increase the font size on DOB:, Generated on:, visit Date:. Provider:and the data that follow these?

The font-size here is determined by the Theme Builder and in 5.0.1 you can override that globally or you can change the code directly.

This header is located in the eye_mag subdirectory php/eye_mag_functions.php in the function report_header around line 3704. It controls the report headers for all letters and Rxs in the eye form. If you change the table styling around line 3727 from:

<table style="width:100%;">

to:

<table style="width:100%;font-size:14px;">

the whole header font-size will get bigger (from 12px to 14px) in all these documents, including the Spectacle Rx.

On the Rx Type, by default the Bifocal is marked with a circle, is it possible for me to make the “Single” choice the default?

The spectacle Rx PRINT form is opened (as a modal window) when you click the print icon from a refraction panel, ie. it draws its data from the refraction panel you selected. If the refraction you are printing was a WEAR pair, it is already designated as Single, Bifocal, Trifocal or Progressive - this will be auto-selected when displayed for printing. You are able to edit this window/display modal. If you decide to just print DVO or NVO or change it to mid up top/near bifocal etc, you will need to click the correct Rx type.

When printing AR or CR or MR Rxs you can change that default in SpectableRx.php around line 109:

if ($_REQUEST['REFTYPE']) {
$REFTYPE = $_REQUEST['REFTYPE'];
if ($REFTYPE == "AR") {
    $RXTYPE = "Bifocal";
}

if ($REFTYPE == "MR") {
    $RXTYPE = "Bifocal";
}

if ($REFTYPE == "CTL") {
    $RXTYPE = "Bifocal";
}

Change it to single by replacing “Bifocal” with “Single” in any/all refraction types. The other options for this variable can be “Trifocal” or “Progressive”.

Hope that helps,
Ray

Hello Ray, thanks for all the help. Is it possible to change the actual printed Rx font size of the glasses and contacts numbers globally?

For Example: -1.00-0.50 x 180 to -1.00-0.50 x 180.

For Example: -2.00 AV Oasys BC 8.4 Diam 14 to -2.00 AV Oasys BC 8.4 Diam 14

rmagauran R Magauran
February 12
To @scifi000

Is there a way to increase the font size on DOB:, Generated on:, visit Date:. Provider:and the data that follow these?

The font-size here is determined by the Theme Builder and in 5.0.1 you can override that globally or you can change the code directly.

This header is located in the eye_mag subdirectory php/eye_mag_functions.php in the function report_header around line 3704. It controls the report headers for all letters and Rxs in the eye form. If you change the table styling around line 3727 from:

> <table style="width:100%;">

to:

> <table style="width:100%;font-size:14px;">

the whole header font-size will get bigger (from 12px to 14px) in all these documents, including the Spectacle Rx.

On the Rx Type, by default the Bifocal is marked with a circle, is it possible for me to make the “Single” choice the default?

The spectacle Rx PRINT form is opened (as a modal window) when you click the print icon from a refraction panel, ie. it draws its data from the refraction panel you selected. If the refraction you are printing was a WEAR pair, it is already designated as Single, Bifocal, Trifocal or Progressive - this will be auto-selected when displayed for printing. You are able to edit this window/display modal. If you decide to just print DVO or NVO or change it to mid up top/near bifocal etc, you will need to click the correct Rx type.

When printing AR or CR or MR Rxs you can change that default in SpectableRx.php around line 109:

> if ($_REQUEST['REFTYPE']) {
> $REFTYPE = $_REQUEST['REFTYPE'];
> if ($REFTYPE == "AR") { $RXTYPE = "Bifocal";
> } if ($REFTYPE == "MR") { $RXTYPE = "Bifocal";
> } if ($REFTYPE == "CTL") { $RXTYPE = "Bifocal";
> }

Change it to single by replacing “Bifocal” with “Single” in any/all refraction types. The other options for this variable can be “Trifocal” or “Progressive”.

Hope that helps,

Ray

In Reply To

scifi000 chase yi
February 12
Thanks for the reply. When printing the manifest refraction. Patient’s data appear on the upper right, for example. : Daffy Duck DOB: 1988-02-02 Generated on: 2018-02-12 Visit Date: 2017-11-27 Provider: Doctor Is there a way to increase the font size on DOB:, Generated on:, visit Date:. Pr…

Previous Replies

scifi000 chase yi
February 12
Thanks for the reply. When printing the manifest refraction. Patient’s data appear on the upper right, for example. :

Daffy Duck

DOB: 1988-02-02

Generated on: 2018-02-12

Visit Date: 2017-11-27

Provider: Doctor

1. Is there a way to increase the font size on DOB:, Generated on:, visit Date:. Provider:and the data that follow these?
  1. On the Rx Type, by default the Bifocal is marked with a circle, is it possible for me to make the “Single” choice the default? Thank You.

Rx Type

**Single **

**Bifocal **

**Trifocal **

**Prog. **

rmagauran R Magauran

February 12

replace “

with :

<?php if ($REFTYPE=='CTL') { echo xlt('Contacts RX expires in one year.'); } else { echo xlt('Spectacle RX expires in two years.'); } ?>

Ray

scifi000 chase yi

February 12

In Reply To

rmagauran R Magauran

December 11

Currently you can record IOP as applanation, tonopen or finger tension. If you utilize a different technique such as pneumotonometry(PT), but do not use Tonopen(TP) as an example, you can simply change the labels in the code. Using TP and PT simply as examples to demonstrate the code changes, ther…

Previous Replies

rmagauran R Magauran

December 11

view.php:

around line 967

change to

report.php:

around line 587:

change to

Hope that helps.

Ray

visolveemr ViSolve

December 11

@scifi000,

> > > openemr-directory/interface/forms/eye_mag/

In SpectacleRx.php try changing this around line 589 from:

font-size:8pt;

to

font-size:10pt

or bigger to suit your needs.