Customising the Fields - SSN to Adhaar Card No

webkuteer wrote on Thursday, June 19, 2014:

Dear friends
we are from India and we have a equivalent of SSN call Aadhar No. which we wish to replace with SSN where ever displayed in EMR applicaiton.

Can anybody advse.

Aadhar is a 12 digit numeric number

best regards

Srinivas

arnabnaha wrote on Thursday, June 19, 2014:

Hi…
I have already done that in the translation pages of google docs…just wait till brady merges the google docs translation page into the openemr database.
If u cant wait till that…u can do that manually within the openemr by going to Administration-> others-> Language. Then click on edit and search for S.S. and SSN change both to Aadhaar and u r done. I have implemented them in my practice too.

arnabnaha wrote on Thursday, June 19, 2014:

U can also limit the database to let it input 12 digits only by going to administration-> layouts-> demographics and change the s.s field length to 12 from 9. Other wise it will not allow you to enter 12 digits. Remember to hit save changes button

blankev wrote on Thursday, June 19, 2014:

If this is the “S.S. number” in Demographics it is rather easy.

Goto Administration"=> Other => Language => Edit Definitions => in Filter for Constants put S.S. Change the Search result in Aadhar

Change it into Aadhar Load Definitions.

If you work with the English Indian translation you will do the same. Change S.S. into whatever seems more appropriate. Aadhar (=S.S.) load definitions and that is it for today.

If you are quick you might find the results at:

http://demo.open-emr.org:2099/openemr/

Login with Language English Indian

You have to do this for every computer with a local version of OpenEMR …or… start completing the English Indian translation sheet of OpenEMR. This is a Google Web spreadsheet for translations of the languages and your Aadhaar will be included in every new version installed for the Whole Wide World and Local machines.

http://demo.open-emr.org:2099/openemr/

I already made the change in this Demo for you. Be quick to see it.

Arnab thanks for this little extra for Field Length.

Very important for the India change to 12 characters.

Can also add a Numeric for the Field and if it is required, make it Requiered.

If this is not what you are looking for and want to use the Patient ID… do the same for Patient ID. This field can also use an Input Format. Administration => Globlas => Features. From memory I think you have to make the field even longer to fit with the format.

Patient ID is the same as External ID. But it works a bit different than I expected.

But in the same demo it has a numeric format. Field length of label and input is corrected to 12 input Characters.

fsgl wrote on Thursday, June 19, 2014:

An easy way to change the SS #:

1. Administration/Layouts/Demographics/Who/field 8
  2. Make the necessary changes & size to 12 or more, if you want hyphens in between groups of numbers/letters (easier on staff to have groupings).

See attachment.

http://demo.open-emr.org:2099/openemr/interface/main/main_screen.php?auth=login&site=default

Where I made an example of the changes with this easy fsgl solution. Remember to change all machines in this way to get the wanted result. If it is included in translations you still have to make the change to the field length in Lay-out Demographics

fsgl wrote on Thursday, June 19, 2014:

Pimm gave you space for 12 characters. It can be more to accommodate hyphens, i.e., xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Less chance of transcription errors by staff if grouped rather than 12 characters all strung together, xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Hi,

I have changed SSN/SS to Aadhar. After doing so, when I click Patient Search, it gives error as below

“There was an OpenEMR SQL Escaping ERROR of the following string ss”

Please help me to resolve this issue

Regards,
Canabady