Cookbook Lab integration OpenEMR v5.0.0

(Clif Caldwell) #1

Please help me by pointing me to a cookbook for lab integration. We are working with Lifepoint and they have set up an sFTP site for results. They are awaiting the connection with OpenEMR on our end.
I know this has been addressed. In v5.0.0 this is done in the Address Book but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. To start we just want to get the results into OpenEMR without scanning every single PDF we receive from the lab.
Please give me a 1,2,3,… on how to implement this.
Clif

(Stephen Waite) #2

hi @Clif_Caldwell, are they going to be placing the .hl7 files into the sftp folder?

(Clif Caldwell) #3

Please forgive the tardiness.
They will be dumping these into a directory and I assume it will be “.hl7” files.
Clif Caldwell

(Stephen Waite) #4

hi @Clif_Caldwell, should be easy, first set up the lab service in admin->addr book and then add the lab under procedures -> providers and point it to the results folder (sounds like it’s a results only vs bidirectional)

(Clif Caldwell) #5

Thank you. I will work on it.
Clif

(Clif Caldwell) #6

OK I have the Lab facility in the Address Book and using a LifePoint small program to pull the labs into a directory on my server. Please forgive my “noobishness” but I cannot find where to put in the directory location in order for the HL7 files to be pulled into OpenEMR.
Thank you.

(Stephen Waite) #7

hi @Clif_Caldwell make sure it’s a lab service in the addr book then go to the Procedures menu and choose Providers and then Add New, it should now populate the dropdown.