Cookbook Lab integration OpenEMR v5.0.0

Please help me by pointing me to a cookbook for lab integration. We are working with Lifepoint and they have set up an sFTP site for results. They are awaiting the connection with OpenEMR on our end.
I know this has been addressed. In v5.0.0 this is done in the Address Book but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. To start we just want to get the results into OpenEMR without scanning every single PDF we receive from the lab.
Please give me a 1,2,3,… on how to implement this.
Clif

hi @Clif_Caldwell, are they going to be placing the .hl7 files into the sftp folder?

Please forgive the tardiness.
They will be dumping these into a directory and I assume it will be “.hl7” files.
Clif Caldwell

hi @Clif_Caldwell, should be easy, first set up the lab service in admin->addr book and then add the lab under procedures -> providers and point it to the results folder (sounds like it’s a results only vs bidirectional)

Thank you. I will work on it.
Clif

OK I have the Lab facility in the Address Book and using a LifePoint small program to pull the labs into a directory on my server. Please forgive my “noobishness” but I cannot find where to put in the directory location in order for the HL7 files to be pulled into OpenEMR.
Thank you.

hi @Clif_Caldwell make sure it’s a lab service in the addr book then go to the Procedures menu and choose Providers and then Add New, it should now populate the dropdown.

Thank you. Forgive the tardiness in this response.