Connecting to ZH healthcare offsite portal

Situation
I’m having issues making OpenEMR play nicely with the offsite patient portal. Below you will find all the relevant settings that seem fine but I keep getting connection error when I go to MIsc>Portal Activity> chk. con.

The user/provider ID I have configured is found when searching on mydocsportal but I cannot make the newly created patient user there associate with it. Also, I am runnin XAMPP on a local machine (apache listening on 8081) with port forwarding 8081 on my WAN interface - this should be fine, right?

Many thanks for any pointers and/or updated tutorials about this integration - everything I find seems to be outdated on both ends - OpenEMR and offsite portal.

OpenEMR Version
v5.0.1 (4)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Windows 10

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

Hi @rvelitchkov ,

Guessing it has something to do with the ip address/port. Rec. contacting zh healthcare directly to see if they can fix this for you:
contact@zhhealthcare.com

-brady

Did you enable the VPN client on your server?

I sure did! VPN’s running fine, within openEMR I get “success” for misc>portal activity>connection check I can also connect and authorize my patient user to the old portal (old.mydocsportal.com) but no luck with the new portal. Are you able to login there with your openerm patient username/pass?

Ah, you’ve made progress since your initial post. I think you might have already figured it out, but you don’t need port forwarding. The point of the offsite portal is to not expose your internal system to the internet. I hit the same issue you did with the old.mydocsportal.com. It looks like ZH Healthcare changed which portal is accessible. The VPN files I received when I registered, originated from old.mydocsportal.com, I’m pretty sure yours did too. If you look at the vpnclient.ovpn file, you see that the remote address matches the subnet of the old portal. They really should update the documentation to reflect this change.

old.mydocsportal.com (23.21.167.156)
mydocsportal.com (107.23.56.43)

To add insult to injury, ZHH gave me the silent treatment for days in a row while I was struggling with this issue. They completely ignored all my emails and seenzoned me via FB messenger. Eventually, their head of sales got back to me stating in no uncertain terms that they don’t lend any OpenEMR related support unless you are a paying customer. My guess is they severed their new patient portal from openemr completely. So there’s that…

I don’t know if that last statement is completely true, that would break existing users, which is often a no no in software development, unless it is between major released versions, and even then, you would often have to issue release notes. As long as it works for what I need and it gets maintained, I’m happy. On that note, I’m glad things work out for ya.

Sadly, that old portal is not working for me, the forms are not saving properly. Are you having better luck?

tbh, I haven’t even toyed with it past a simple user login. The old portal doesn’t have the video consultation feature which is a deal-breaker for me…