'checked in' calendar appointments not auto creating an encounter

jdsnyder22 wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

I am having difficutly with ‘checked in’ encounters not generating an encounter. I know this has been an issue when one attempts to add an event to the calendar in the past and then the “check in” wouldn’t create the encounter. However, this seems to be happening when the appointment has been scheduled ahead of time and then later ‘checked in’. I have the “outo create encounter” checked in globals.

This appears to be happening only some of the time.

teryhill wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

What version of OpenEMR are you using?

Terry

jdsnyder22 wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

Hi Terry, thnks for replying. I believe I am using 4.2, though I may be mistaken.

teryhill wrote on Thursday, October 13, 2016:

John , Under lists -> appointment statuses does it look like the attachment?

epsdky wrote on Saturday, October 15, 2016:

Changing the status of an appointment to “@ Arrived” causes the creation of an encounter only on the day the appointment is scheduled.

epsdky wrote on Saturday, October 15, 2016:

Changing the status of an appointment to “@ Arrived” causes the creation of an encounter only on the day the appointment is scheduled.

teryhill wrote on Saturday, October 15, 2016:

What ever status is marked with the “Check IN” will create an sencounter if that status is used on the appointment date

jdsnyder22 wrote on Monday, October 17, 2016:

Ok thank you for the replies.

Terry, it does not look exactly like your attacment under lists -> appointment statuses. There is not a space with “color” field, or a place to click the check in or check out.

It sounds like for the encounter to get created by using check in on the calendar, the clinician has to click check in on the day of the appointment. Is that correct?

teryhill wrote on Monday, October 17, 2016:

The encounter should auto create in your version is by changing the status to @ on the day of the appointment. The information I shared is on a newer version of the software.