Check that you can ping the server mysql

Situation
users was getting message saying Site ID is missing from session data. logged into AWS and rebooted the server. Now I’m not even able to login. I get the message Check that you can ping the server mysql. Does anyone know how to fix this??

OpenEMR Version
5.0.1 (6)

Browser:
tried all from chrome to IE

Operating System
I’m using:

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

Try restarting the SQL server.

Daniel,

I did try that and that didn’t do anything. However I did see that there was a few updates that needed done. so I did them and then after a reboot I was able to get back in for some reason. It was the strangest thing, not sure why that would have restricted me, but all that matters is that I’m back up and working.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Please forgive the intrusion but I am having the same issues with my Amazon ec2 site. May I trouble you for the method and steps you used to update your instance of OpenEMR? We need this site up as quickly as possible.
Thank you.

Clif,

After I made a ssh connection to the server, and was logged in with ubuntu, I then did a sudo apt-get update, then sudo apt-get upgrade, then did a sudo reboot.

that is what I did and after the reboot it came back online and I was able to login.

Hope that helps. let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you. Will give this a try.