Check in - check out screen

arnabnaha wrote on Wednesday, April 22, 2015:

Hi…Terry

1. regarding the placement of the link…My choice will be to place the link in left nav as “Patient flow board”. It should be separate entity rather than a sub menu. The patient flow board should be accessible to front office, physicians, nurses and doctors.

2. Regarding color coding -
    Color coding is always very very helpful. rather than making color coding of alternate strips, can it be color coded according to the status? Suppose, Arrived has a green code and checked out red etc etc…May be arrived late can be made red too…

teryhill wrote on Wednesday, April 22, 2015:

will give color coding by category some thought.

Terry

Terry,

one more thing which is really essential…ability to click the patient names so that we can go to the demographics of the patients directly and introducing patient ID in the list. It will help because many might have similar names.

teryhill wrote on Wednesday, April 22, 2015:

what field is patient ID?

i mean the PID

teryhill wrote on Thursday, April 23, 2015:

Next commit sent

arnabnaha wrote on Thursday, April 23, 2015:

Thanks Terry…will be testing this out soon…

the database patient_tracker has changed so you will need to reload it

Hi terry…
installed and tested…Thank you for the ability to click patient name and addition of PID. Issues are as follows-

1. Patient name is showing as hyperlink but on clicking, nothing happens.

2. I am not able to change status from the tracker page…a new window opens and it says you cannot access this page directly (attachment below)

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, April 23, 2015:

Hi,

I rebased Terry’s code into one commit and placed it on top of most recent codebase here:

I placed a review on this commit at https://github.com/bradymiller/openemr/commit/fb2350ffbe71ff8ff0b66a91bb288ed0e482c2b1
(to see my comments search page with web browser for ‘bradymiller’)

-brady
OpenEMR

Can yo tell me what you were doing? What was the status of the patient you were changing? That error usually means that there was no record ID in the flow board file(IE the patient was never “Arrived” or “Arrived Late” in the calendar)

Also still working on the Demographics

Hi Terry,
Got it…need to first change the status in the calendar to arrived or arrived late and then the pop up window will work. Its working now…thank you!

bradymiller wrote on Friday, April 24, 2015:

Hi,

Something i have noted while reviewing this project is that the apptstatus is currently stored in openemr_postcalendar_events, which seems to be a huge bug in the case of recurring appointments. For example, won’t changing a status for one appt change them for all the recurring appts? If so, then sounds like it may make sense to store the current appt status in the newly created patient_tracker table that will be used for Terry’s feature and use this instead. Thoughts?

-brady

teryhill wrote on Friday, April 24, 2015:

If it has not been seen as a bug, maybe it’s not.

fsgl wrote on Friday, April 24, 2015:

There is a yellow advisory that pops up offering 3 options when changing a recurrent event. Very hard for a user to miss. The buttons are clearer to understand than the sentence.

teryhill wrote on Saturday, April 25, 2015:

The project is evolving and changing. There are some really great Ideas being kicked around off forum. I am asking for more ideas. Arnab has it running and has made some suggestions (link to Demographics which is being worked on and color coding the status). What would you want to see in reports? How should it handle yesterdays data? I have got plenty to do but if I can put the “Hooks” in while it is growing it will be easier than trying to shoehorn it in later.

Thanks
Terry

teryhill wrote on Saturday, April 25, 2015:

I hope this gives more of an idea for what I am looking to accomplish.

Terry

bradymiller wrote on Sunday, April 26, 2015:

Regarding the recurring appointment bug, the issue is twofold:

1. On the Patient Summary screen, recurrent appointments are not shown (except for day of first recurrent appointment or when the appt status is modified, which creates another entry in openemr_postcalendar_events). Here is the query that pulls appointments in the Patient and as you see it has no special treatment for recurring appointments:
    openemr/demographics.php at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub

2. On the Report for Appointments (Reports->Visits->Appointments), there is code that does treat recurring special appointment, however, after changing the appt status and creating a separate entry in openemr_postcalendar_events, it then erroneously shows two appts for the date. This is because it is not correctly dealing with the pc_recurrspec column, which excludes days that have a separate entry created in openemr_postcalendar_events. Here is the code that does this:
    openemr/appointments.inc.php at fb2350ffbe71ff8ff0b66a91bb288ed0e482c2b1 · bradymiller/openemr · GitHub
    openemr/appointments.inc.php at fb2350ffbe71ff8ff0b66a91bb288ed0e482c2b1 · bradymiller/openemr · GitHub

Note that the Patient Tracker feature is based of method 2 above, so is bringing in two appointments erroneously also:

To deal with this bug, will need a function (likely adjusting the fetchEvents or fetchAppointments function) that works and is used in both places in issue 1 and 2 above (suggest that whomever fixes this bug see how it is done in postcalendar module itself, since the calendar works just fine with these recurring appointments). Another developer has sent me an email whom is interested in attacking this bug. After the bug is fixed, could then plug the working function into Terry’s code (note there is no need to delay the Patient Tracker project for this fix).

-brady
OpenEMR

teryhill wrote on Tuesday, April 28, 2015:

Database changed to allow more flexibility still a work in process. new commit here:

Terry

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, April 28, 2015:

Gave Terry’s development branch a “up for grabs” demo here:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Development_Demo#192.168.1.131