CAMOS notes disappeared! - Twice

Situation
On two occasions (of which I am aware), CAMOS notes that I have (thankfully) printed disappeared, including “Reason” for visit, Vitals, and my note. History & Lifestyle, Medical Problems, and Fee Sheet/Billing remain intact. This last note took a while (six pages when done), and due to previous nightmares of losing my work to a time-out I habitually save and go back into edit, and I recall doing this. …I just found the work, intact, in form_encounter but I cannot figure out why it isn’t pulling up or how to reconnect it. Any ideas?

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version v5.0.1 (6) (I have 5.0.2 downloaded, not implemented!)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: Win 10; Server 2008r2

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks () for readability No errors in apache log...hmm... Nothing since June when I last tinkered.Loglevel warn``` in httpd.conf

Can you spell out the steps (with dummy values if PHI) that might reproduce the problem in some cases? You might want to hold off on 5.0.2 because I’m not able to get CAMOS to work at all on the newer version (no “submit” buttons).
–Ralf

Now CAMOS has “decided” to start working on 5.0.2 – submit buttons are now available. I’m not sure what is different.
–Ralf

Okay. I am now suspecting human error but I am still tracking. I found the note under a different date, the onset/hosp date, and I am assuming I changed the date above it also by accident, which was the encounter date. This would mean our biller created another encounter with the correct date without telling me. I have been unable to re-create the problem though. If our biller denies this, then I will keep investigating! For now, chalk this up to me exposing my own incompetencies…to be fair, I was tired…The alternative - posting the problem has made the problem disappear!

2 Likes