CAMOS module ICD10 instead of ICD9

jboyd13 wrote on Saturday, January 14, 2017:

Hi,

There is an ICD9 button in the CAMOS module. If you have the ICD10 codes downloaded how do you make them accessible while using the CAMOS module?

Thanks,

Joyce

rshaid wrote on Saturday, January 14, 2017:

Hi,
could I conect OpenEMR with Snomed CT?
Thanks
Samir

jboyd13 wrote on Monday, January 16, 2017:

Hi Samir,

I’m sorry. I do not know how to answer your question.

You might want to create a topic with your question.

Good luck

Joyce

bradymiller wrote on Monday, January 16, 2017:

Hi Samir,

See here for using snomed in OpenEMR:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Import_Standard_Tables#Import.2FUpgrade_and_activate_SNOMED

And if you have any further questions, please open up a separate thread.

thanks,
-brady
OpenEMR

bradymiller wrote on Monday, January 16, 2017:

Hi Joyce,

Looks like the CAMOS form needs to be updated to support non-ICD9 codesets. A search of icd9 in the CAMOS code shows about 3-5 places that need to be modified to be more flexible. I just placed an Issue on github for this:

If you wish to take this development task on, I’d be glad to provide guidance. Other options are:

1. Try to recruit a volunteer
  2. Hire a professional

-brady
OpenEMR

jboyd13 wrote on Friday, January 20, 2017:

Hi Brady,

I would love to help out with your guidance. Where do we start?

Thanks,

Joyce

cmswest wrote on Sunday, January 22, 2017:

I’d be glad to pitch in as well, have you set up a git repository?
http://open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Git_for_dummies

jboyd13 wrote on Monday, February 06, 2017:

Hi,

I was able to fix the button label and changed the reference from ICD9 to ICD10 for the DB search on my own installation but I’m not sure if it is working. Nothing happens when I select the button. Sorry I have not had a chance to review Git_for_dummies.

Thanks,

Joyce

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, February 08, 2017:

Hi Joyce,

Feel free to post your code here, and I’d be happy to post it up on github.

-brady
OpenEMR

jboyd13 wrote on Saturday, February 11, 2017:

Hi Brady,

I had to modify a couple of files. I will try to find them. How do I know if it is working? I assumed it wasn’t working before because I didn’t have an ICD9 codes loaded. Is there an explanation of how it is supposed to work? I think I saw a CAMOS video awhile back and it works nothing like that.

Does anyone know how to connect prescriptions ordered via CAMOS to the Rx and/or Medications list on the Right side of the patient page where it lists Alerts/Reminders, Issues, Allergies, etc?

Thanks,
Joyce

bradymiller wrote on Wednesday, February 15, 2017:

Hi Joyce,

Agree that you will need to know how the current ICD9 works to make the ICD10 work :slight_smile:

There is some CAMOS documentation here:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/CAMOS_module
per that doc of the ICD9 button:
“icd9 button - Inserts icd9 codes from billing table for this encounter. You have to remember to enter them first before viewing this form.”
(note there is also some shorthand mechanisms to bring in billing codes that is documented in the doc)

I’d rec loading the ICD9 codes and trying out CAMOS to see out how it works for ICD9. Can just use the demo to try it out:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Demo

-brady
OpenEMR

jboyd13 wrote on Wednesday, February 15, 2017:

Hi Brady,

I will try as you suggest. :=)

J

siveict wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2017:

@Joyce: Try replacing your CAMOS file with the attached. It should save you a lot of time trying to make CAMOS ICD10 compatible. :slight_smile:

@Brady: Please go ahead and upload onto GitHub too. It might help a lot of people struggling with this issue.

siveict wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2017:

Try replacing your CAMOS file with the attached. It should save you a lot of time trying to make CAMOS ICD10 compatible. :slight_smile:

jboyd13 wrote on Friday, February 24, 2017:

Thanks. I’ll try it out.