I’m using OpenEMR version v6.0.0

Browser:
I’m using: Firefox

Operating System
I’m using: Linux Mint

Logs
Did you check the logs?
Was there anything pertinent in them?
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

hi @ncavalier , could you describe the problem a little more?

I did upgrade on Linux Mint from v5.02 to v6.0.0
Did installation twice, and have the same problem. Everything is working fine except calendar and documents. Calendar is not loading and there is no access to calendar in administrations. Also the patients documents is not accessible.
Just trying to find out if there is any way to resolve this problems, or need to reinstall everything from the scratch again.

Are you able to access individual patients? When you go to a patient chart, does the dashboard show their appointment? Try adding a document for a patient. Are you able to? Go to
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites/default/documents . Note that the documents had to be handled in a special way. List the contents of this directory:
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites/default/documents # ls -l
total 2780
drwxr-xr-x 3 apache apache 4096 Jun 27 18:53 00
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Jun 27 18:53 1
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Jun 27 18:53 10
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Jun 27 18:53 100
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 4096 Jun 27 18:53 101
drwx------ 2 apache apache 4096 Jul 8 20:47 1019
etc etc.
Then check to make sure that the ownership and permissions of these documents and their directories are correct. (Should be apache:apache … NOT root:root). If necessary, change the ownership:group and see if you are able to see the documents then.
Also, what does your Administration->Globals->Calendar configuration look like?
What are the permissions of the user you are logged in as (is this user able to view the calendar)?

What about the Documents settings?
Also, go ahead and apply patch 3 and see if that helps.
–RBL

Yes I can access individual patient and add an appointment, and the dashboard shows an active and past appointments.
But when I’m trying to open the calendar, its opens blank page with an unknown tab.
And I can’t add any documents because, after pressing documents tab, its showing blank unknown tab also.
Installed Patch 3, problem is not resolved.

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites/default/documents
bash: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites/default/documents: No such file or directory

All documents on place

I think my problem with documents directions. But in file everything is looks good

Nick:
Based on the error message at the very end of your Calendar, your documents/smarty/main directory is not writable (and possibly documents). Check the permissions to make sure the directories are writeable readable and executable for apache; check group:ownership to make sure it is apache:apache. You may want to do this from the command prompt.
–RBL

I think I had the same problem when I tried updating to 6.0.

I’m not sure but I remembered doing this
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/openemr
sudo chmod 666 /var/www/openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php

check to see where you store openemr. Might be var/www/html/openemr

2 Likes

Reinstalled 6.0.0 again after 3 month and still experiencing problem with calendar.
Everything works fine except the calendar - showing “unknown calendar”

hi @ncavalier , clearing smarty cache under Admin->Clinic->Calendar should do the trick.

Thank you @cornutaurus your recommendation resolved the problem. Now calendar is working fine.
Just find out new problem with payment receipt printing.

I cleared cache but it didn’t resolve the problem.

Just followed recommendation made by @cornutaurus and problem resolved

sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/openemr
sudo chmod 666 /var/www/openemr/sites/default/sqlconf.php