Bug in add new message screen

Hi everyone, I was trying to send message to other users from the reception user in openemr but when I click on add new message the screen apprears properly and when i click on any thing in that screen url not found apprears. It happens for user that dont have “Super User” Permission. I will attach screen with it as well.

@syedyawar

HTML anchor tag link is not properly closed. This is a OpenEMR bug .

We found a root cause and solution to fix this issue.

@brady , Please confirm this and we will send a pull request to OpenEMR code base.

Thanks,
ViSolve-120

Thank you @visolveemr I understand its a html href issues , maybe some </a is attached with the link due to wrong placement of ".

@syedyawar

Yes… At interface/main/messages/messages.php line number 287
<a class='more' href=<?php echo $lnkvar; ?></a>
the anchor tag is not properly closed.
Please replace the line with the following fix
<a class='more' href=<?php echo $lnkvar; ?>></a>

Let us know if you have any clarifications.

Thanks,
ViSolve-121

2 Likes

Hi @visolveemr As always, terrific work on helping folks on the forum. I’m sure it is appreciated.

A couple questions; I’ve noted you have new monicers ie ViSolve-121, i’m curious :slight_smile: and i’ve embarked on trying to upgrade from bootstrap 3 to 4. If you guys have any concerns or advise, now’d be a great time. Issue: https://github.com/openemr/openemr/issues/2807 PR: Update npm to Bootstrap 4 (#2807) by tywrenn · Pull Request #2809 · openemr/openemr · GitHub
Thanks.
btw: I think @stephenwaite has pr for this

:+1: forgotten anchor bracket by stephenwaite · Pull Request #2821 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Hello Jerry

Thank You for your feedback and our new signature’s are just for our internal tracking.

We will try to look into the PR on bootstrap upgrade.

Thank You
ViSolve-051