Automated Measure Calculations and amc_misc_data

Hello everyone and thanks for your help in advance. I am new to Open EMR and am planning a migration to this software. I need to get a better idea of how this system handles Automated Measure Calculations and what data is stored in amc_misc_data. Would someone be able to explain or point me to documentation on how this gets handled and what data is expected into amc_misc_data? Any help would be appreciated.

hi @hmclaughlin, not sure there’s any specific documentation but the code itself, openemr/amc.php at 33ef407f6364a6eb1f75d7b0172708f84775dd25 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Hi @hmclaughlin ,

That amc_misc_data was basically used only for AMC rules where needed to add another data container to support/record them. Meaning, it’s just supporting miscellaneous stuff that was not being recorded somewhere else in the database. What specific AMC rules/score are you interested in? ; then I can direct you to how they are calculated so you can get a feel for how it works.

thanks,
-brady

Thanks so much for the response (and Stephen’s). As an overview, we are needing to maintain Meaningful Use as well as Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition. So, for example, I need to track each time a problem list is reconciled, each time medications outside of our practice is updated, each time allergies are updated, etc. So I would think there must be some type of tracking tables for each. I also need to figure out what data from our legacy system to import, so I need an idea of how things work. Any help would bee appreciated.

hi @hmclaughlin ,
Are those tracking changes considered MU2 related items?(I do not recall offhand that these are part of any AMC calculations)

As an aside, this is something that OpenEMR really should be tracking better. At this time, if you change anything in OpenEMR including problem list, medications, allergies, etc, it is tracked in the Administration->Other->Log (note these entries are stored in the log sql table)

What would be really nice is to mimick what is done for the patient flow board. In that case, any change to the items are placed in another sql table thus every update is logged in a place that is much easier to derive reports from and track. If you’re interested in pursuing this, I’d be glad to provide some guidance since it would be a very nice feature for OpenEMR to have. (note it would be a moderate sized project to undergo and would take php and mysql development)

-brady

Not exactly. The PCMH tracking seems to try to parallel MU2, but then seems to diverge from it with additional requirements. So for example, in OpenEMR, let’s say a physician asks about allergies, and no change is noted, how is that noted in the chart (or is it?). Or does the system assume if no change is entered, the list is updated? I think a patient problem list is necessary for MU2, so are you saying there is not update flag or table?

I would be happy to take a look at adding the feature, however, the majority of my background is .Net and SQL Server, with some php and MySQL. So I can’t make any promises, but will take a look at the requirements.