Authentication Error When creating New Patient

Situation
With a clean install with the config listed below, I’m unable to Create Patients in any browser.
I’m also unable to save changes in administration/globals. They open up, but saving does not store updated values.

I thought it might be related to Entering Call Back Notes under Flow Board leads to Authentication Error so I tried replacing all instances in that file with the “fix” but it didn’t solve the problem, so I reverted back to the file from Patch 2’s Zip.

1. Patient/client click patients
  2. Click Add New Patient button
  3. “Search or Add Patient” Tab opens.
    Enter First/Last/DOB/Sex
    Click Create new Patient
  4. No results in Popup, Click “Confirm Create New Patient”
  5. Results Vary depending on Browser outlined in browser section below.

Setup:
Ubuntu Server 20.04 with all updates.
PHP8
MariaDB
Apache

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 6.0.0 Patch 2

Browser:
Edge - Gives Authentication Error in the previous “Search or Add Patient” Tab, but now called “Unknown”
Firefox - Gives “Connection was reset” for “Search or add Patient Tab”. Does not rename tab.
Chrome - Gives Authentication Error in the previous “Search or Add Patient” Tab, but now called “Unknown” just like Edge.

Operating System
I’m using: Ubuntu Server with Apache
Desktop connecting to it is Windows 10

Logs
Did you check the logs? Yes
Was there anything pertinent in them?
When Using Chrome/Edge The error below shows up in the Logs.
No Errors when using Firefox
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.

[Mon Jul 19 05:15:10.867883 2021] [php:warn] [pid 52050] [client 10.0.0.50:62352] PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "csrf_token_form" in /var/www/html/openemr/interface/new/new_comprehensive_save.php on line 19, referer: http://testserver/openemr/interface/new/new.php
[Mon Jul 19 05:15:10.868539 2021] [php:notice] [pid 52050] [client 10.0.0.50:62352] OpenEMR CSRF token authentication error, referer: http://testserver/openemr/interface/new/new.php

You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All
Enabled, but didn’t show anything additional when testing.

Hi Paul,

If I can ask a little more context, did you install using the docker image, download the repo from source forge, etc.?

Thanks,
-Rachel

Hello,

I did this from a Docker Image first, and when that didn’t resolve the problem, I replicated the enviornment a clean install onto an Ubuntu Server 20.04 VM I built for experimenting.

Downloaded the Install Zip file, and followed the instructions in the wiki on setting up and installing it. Mysql, etc for the VM.