After power outage OpemEMR giving Invalid Username or Password and Site ID is missing from session data!

After a power outage, the HyperV instance of OpenEMR was acting up. Users get “Invalid username or password” however, they can keep trying and they will get in. When I logged in as the admin, I didn’t even see their accounts. Seems they may be using their accounts somehow from AD? Another issue I was seeing is when they could log in, about every other click they would get a message “Site ID is missing from session data!”

Everything was working perfect until the failure over the weekend.

I was called in today to check it out, never worked with the company before and don’t know where to start with debugging OpenEMR. so any assistance will help. When I created account under administration > Users and set up the Dr as providers, everything was blank in the calendar. Those that can log in with their AD credentials eventually will see the proper calendar AND the old providers AD user info but NOT the new providers I added (Named differently) From what I read AD wasn’t added until 5.0.1.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version OpenEMR 5.0.0 (6)

I’m using: Firefox 100.0.2

Operating System
I’m using: HyperV from Widows 2008r2 Server: Linux OpenEMR42 3.13.0-32 (Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS)

Did you check the logs? can’t seem to find them on the linux system and the ones in the Admin > Other > Logs shows “insufficent data sent”
Was there anything pertinent in them? not really
Please paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability.
You can also turn on User Debugging under Administration->Globals->Logging User Debugging Options=>All

After doing some more troubleshooting, it seemed like the users were hitting 2 different servers. I ran a scan on their network and found an ESXi host. They had ANOTHER production instance running as a vm. I turned off the one that didn’t seem to have any data, restarted the one I found data on, and they had no issues. I’ll update again if anything is still problematic.

1 Like

Glad you got it working! That’s a very old instance of the software. 5.0.0 came out in 2017. There have been a huge amount of changes since then and many, many security fixes. You may want to put on their radar the need to eventually upgrade their system, if nothing else to let them know so you can waive any liability if they decide not to do anything about it.