Adding Patient Portal Document Templates to OpenEMR Patient Documents

@levijustus
Yep you have a legit complaint and this is a bug. It used to work and I will get a fixed to you today concerning default templates auto recurring
I need to find a better way to mass add patients to groups. I have a thought and will see about.
In the meantime when you add a new patient or modify a patient in demographics you can add that patient to a group or several groups.
I will get back to you later today and sorry you’re having difficulties

@levijustus Add patient to Groups.

Edit in Demographics. Use CTRL-Click if adding more than one.

@levijustus
To fix recurring unzip below in openemr root as if a normal patch. Just one file and will be in patch 2.

If you don’t have the template in Default Patient Templates then upload it to Template Repository, check select All Patients for Location, tick the Send checkbox for template then click send button.
Or if exist then just Send template.

patch_bug_portal_recur.zip (7.2 KB)

1 Like

Dear Jerry,
This works perfect. Great Job. I tested few combinations and everything seems to produce expected results. Thanks again. I owe you!

You are welcome. Stay tuned we have some really cool stuff coming in patch 2

1 Like

Hi @sjpadgett. Could you verify something for me? I would like to check my knowledge of the patient portal operation. When a patient is assigned documents to fill out. The documents show in the patient portal. When the patient fills out the documents, the documents should not be shown to the patient again. Is this correct?

In the screenshot, the patient has filled out the form and they are marked complete on the provider side. The documents continue to show to the patient. Is this what is supposed to happen?
I am asking before I go diving into waters over my head. v7.0.0 (2)

All templates in default templates will reoccur. This is because those documents are generally documents that get changed once a year or when the patient needs to.
However if you set up a profile you can schedule templates for one time i.e. not reoccurring or to show again after set period of time.
If you want default docs to have this behavior then send the default doc to the repository then assign it to a profile. After which you can delete it from the default templates.

@sjpadgett, thanks for clearing up my misconception.
One more question, I need to know how to unassign documents. In the image I showed you. The patient was assigned registration documents. The registration documents are completed. But New Patient required keeps showing. How do I remove the patient from that queue?

Delete the assignment

@sjpadgett thanks for the instruction. The wording makes me think I am deleting the template not removing the assignment from the patient. Can this be reworded to remove the assignment?

This makes a better user experience.