Affordable Medical Devices Connectivity

We wish to provide an affordable and high-quality hardware solution in order to be compliant with an API being developed for OpenEMR. In doing so, less financially-strapped hospitals will become at parity with the “data centric” style of US HIT.

Active work items

Resources

Notes

Notes from @robert.down: - Practical clinical experience: vital signs are not monitored continuously with a couple of exceptions. First, critical patients may have BP automatically done at a set interval (maybe 5 minutes, maybe 1 if they are critical enough). If you tell me you are having trouble breathing I’m putting a pulse ox on you and will monitor your pulse and O2 sats. However, a good chunk of this data doesn’t get entered into the EMR. if your pulse comes back within normal limits and you’re breathing at 100% then I’m moving on to the next assessment piece. Vital signs are not an ideal candidate for “continuous data.” Most patients get vital signs done once every 4 or 8 hours, unless something goes wrong. Data we collect lots of - EKG. That data is monirotred all the time. However, we don’t store it in the EMR. The nurse assess the rhythm and charts the rhythm, but afaik we don’t actually store the continuous data from the monitor.

Team

1 Like